Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kschauer

Do You Cheat?

I have never cheated in the six years since I've been diagnosed. All I have to do is picture my reaction and I am not tempted (except pizza still drives me wild). I went on a diet for Candida two months ago in hopes it would help my fibromyalgia, and that has been a different experience. I am not entirely sure I have Candida, and I'm not sure the diet has any effect on my fibromyalgia pain. I can't see any correspondence yet. As a result I have cheated and eaten some fruit and some dark chocolate that I am not supposed to have. My celiac diagnosis was very definite and the results are definite, so I don't cheat.

Hi,

No way! I've learned that I'm the only one who is really going to take care of my health, and after years and years of illness (asthma, spastic colon, ulcer, depression, mood swings, sleeplessness, overweight, fatigue, etc.) I decided to go for good health and go for it with all I've got. It's worth all the trouble it takes to stay gluten free (and for me I must also avoid all milk & dairy, egg whites, yeast, and meat, fish and poultry, all of which make me wheeze), so it takes up a good amount of my time just to provide for my nutritional needs.

I walk five miles each day and am sleeping about 8 hours each night, and my weight is down to 103 pounds, so I know that this is working. I no longer take the 13 pills a day I used to for asthma--I'm down to an average of 3 pills a day. I hope you search out all the excellent gluten-free foods that are around, and that you will soon feel great. Best wishes! Welda