Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest NancyNet

Maltodextrin?

Hi Everyone,

In one of the topics someone ( I believe it was Deb?) said that MaltoDextrin is gluten-free. That all MaltoDextrin used in food in the US is corn based and must be mentioned on the label if not. I have been avoiding anything with MaltoDextrin for years and it has kept allot of good things out of my diet. Before I go buying and eating foods with MaltoDextrin on the label, could someone please give me a website or who said without a doubt that this is true? I have been having terrible IBS symptoms and cannot get rid of them always nauseous, feeling like I have to go to the bathroom and weak and would not want to gluten myself more. I cannot pin down what is causing my problems right now sad.gif I would appreciate all the help and knowledge I can get from all of you... Thanks Nancy :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone. I have been having Purity Rice Cereal for breakfast but i have been batteling with inflammation. I read the label again this morning and it contains maltodextrin from an unspecified source. Could it maybe be that i am consuming gluten while the packaging states clearly it is gluten free! I can not eat maize or brown rice it also makes me sick. I have been avoiding that as well. Help please! Thanks Renee.

Join eNewsletter

Hi Everyone. I have been having Purity Rice Cereal for breakfast but i have been batteling with inflammation. I read the label again this morning and it contains maltodextrin from an unspecified source. Could it maybe be that i am consuming gluten while the packaging states clearly it is gluten free! I can not eat maize or brown rice it also makes me sick. I have been avoiding that as well. Help please! Thanks Renee.

Just a head's up - this whole thread is from 2004-2005.  

If you have a problem eating rice - I would think that is why you can't eat a rice based cereal.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter