Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Chex rice is gluten-free, just make sure it says it on the box

Gluten Free going on 5 years and counting!

gluten-free is a life change and not a diet.

If you mean flakes - I love Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise. It has flax, corn and amaranth. In fact, amaranth in general is such a tasty and healthy grain that makes fantastic flakes. This particular cereal is lightly sweetened and almost reminds me of raisin bran (add your own raisins). Kinda pricey - like most gluten-free ready-to-eat foods. I buy the eco-pac for $7.79 for 26.4oz. Some things are worth the splurge.....

As for other cereals, I love love love Erewhon brand Crispy Brown Rice w/Mixed Berries. Again - kinda pricey but very worth it. $5.09 for 10oz (ouch!).

Oh, the mesa sunrise is also organic. And I am super-sensative and have tolerated both with no affects. Not sure if the facilities are gluten-free or not, but no problems thus far for me.

Can't talk about food w/out craving it. Gotta go fill a bowl........ :P

If you mean flakes - I love Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise. It has flax, corn and amaranth. In fact, amaranth in general is such a tasty and healthy grain that makes fantastic flakes. This particular cereal is lightly sweetened and almost reminds me of raisin bran (add your own raisins). Kinda pricey - like most gluten-free ready-to-eat foods. I buy the eco-pac for $7.79 for 26.4oz. Some things are worth the splurge.....

As for other cereals, I love love love Erewhon brand Crispy Brown Rice w/Mixed Berries. Again - kinda pricey but very worth it. $5.09 for 10oz (ouch!).

Oh, the mesa sunrise is also organic. And I am super-sensative and have tolerated both with no affects. Not sure if the facilities are gluten-free or not, but no problems thus far for me.

Can't talk about food w/out craving it. Gotta go fill a bowl........ :P

Thanks for the help!! the Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise sounds like something i would like and i think we will try some!!

Check out Amazon gourmet foods. I order all my Pamela's bread mix and Tinkyada pasta and several kinds of cereal from them. You have to buy a "case" (6 packets of Pamela's, 7 boxes of cereal, for example) but if you order just 2 things, shipping is FREE and the price is cheaper than buying things individually!!

(ps... I live in rural Arkansas... not much gluten-free food here)

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!