Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Please excuse my ignorance on this :lol: , but what is tmj?

Oh, soft food:

• Yogurt
  • Smoothies
  • Soup
  • Jello
  • Applesauce
  • Pudding
  • Soft canned fruit (like mandarin oranges)
  • Grits (Arrowhead Mills has a cereal, Rice and Shine). You could make it really soupy kinda and then it would be very soft
  • Peanut butter?
  • Frozen yogurt or ice cream

I'll think of some other stuff, but this is all I can come up with right now.

Frozen drinks.

Soup with noodles and vegetables that is cooked so lonf they all are so mushy, mmm!

Bread dipped in something to make it soggy.

The TMJ:

"TMJ" stands for temporomandibular  joint, or the jaw joint. The TMJs are the small joints in front of each ear that attach the lower  jaw (mandible) to the skull. They allow you to perform such functions as opening and closing your mouth,  chewing, speaking, swallowing, etc.

TMJ Diseases/Disorders:

TMJ diseases and disorders refer to a complex and poorly understood set of conditions,  manifested by pain the the area of the jaw and associated muscles and limitations in the ability to make the normal movements of speech, facial expression, eating, chewing, and swallowing. Conditions that routinely  affect other joints in the body, such as arthritis and trauma, also affect the TM joint.

canned tuna flaked (well) and mixed with avocado - good fat content too.

you might also consider getting a hand blender so you can make pureed soups. for instance, cooking carrots in broth until they're soft and then blending into a smooth puree is tasty!