Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slmprofesseur

Help! My Baby Was Glutened!

My kids went with dh to visit some friends that live on the lake. She served my family lunch. Pork chops were marinated in olive oil and soy sauce. DH didn't ask to read the label on the soy sauce and... well.... he had to leave early because normally our calm 2 yr old began to rip through their ($$$) house destroying things like the tasmanian devil!

He also has the tell tale bruisers under the eyes and seems lethargic and tired. He also seems to be constipated.

What can I do to help him recover?

So far we have been doing lots of liquids and fresh fruits and veggies...

I will send my own food from now own and forget about hurting someone's feelings! I feel like I can't trust anyone. :(

Knitting is a gluten free hobby!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Some use Slippery Elm, Glutenese, Marshmallow, pro-biotics and such.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Try hot or warm peppermint tea - add some honey if he likes. The peppermint is an old medicinal tip from the middle ages and helps get rid of nausea and cramps. Hope he's back to normal soon.

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Thanks everyone. He loved the tea and is eating some Gluten-free soy yogurt. I had to give him benadryl also because their dog is an indoor dog. It was so bad his eye was swollen.

Knitting is a gluten free hobby!

Thanks everyone. He loved the tea and is eating some Gluten-free soy yogurt. I had to give him benadryl also because their dog is an indoor dog. It was so bad his eye was swollen.

I'm glad!

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States