Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefulmama

How Long Does It Take For Gluten To Get Out Of Breast Milk?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

According to the La Leche League, it may take 10 days for an allergen to clear from the baby's system. I know that's not exactly what you asked, but if you click here you can read some articles on their website about allergens in breast milk. They have tons of good info, and you may be able to find more than I did in my quick look. :)

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

I was looking around some more on the La Leche League website, and they have a fantastic message forum! Wish it had been there when my kids were babies. <_< Anyhow, click here if you want to check them out.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Anyone know the definitive answer to this one?

My friends allergist told her that it can take up to a month for our bodies to be free of an allergen so it can cake up to a month for breast milk to be completely free of it as well.