Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Donna F

Smuckers? Listerine? Colagate?

I just read from a thread last year that smuckers Listerine and Colgate are not gluten-free? Is this info still accurate? I was told by this companies that they are gluten-free - well I didn't call smuckers, I just assumed they were gluten-free b/c the ingredients looked gluten-free (strawberry preserves).

I've been using these for years. But I've never had any luck gaining weight - maybe this is why (?)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just read from a thread last year that smuckers Listerine and Colgate are not gluten-free? Is this info still accurate? I was told by this companies that they are gluten-free - well I didn't call smuckers, I just assumed they were gluten-free b/c the ingredients looked gluten-free (strawberry preserves).

I've been using these for years. But I've never had any luck gaining weight - maybe this is why (?)

All of Smuckers Jellys and Jam are gluten free. I am fairly certain that Listerine and Colgate both are gluten free, although I do not use those products.

It's always good to confirm any information you find here with back-up statements with the company. Sometimes people with good intent post incorrect information. Remember that the ultimate responsibility remains with ourselves. (didn't mean for that to sound like a lecture :rolleyes: )

http://smuckers.com/faq/product/pg11.asp#2? Smucker's Contact information.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

All of Smuckers Jellys and Jam are gluten free. I am fairly certain that Listerine and Colgate both are gluten free, although I do not use those products.

It's always good to confirm any information you find here with back-up statements with the company. Sometimes people with good intent post incorrect information. Remember that the ultimate responsibility remains with ourselves. (didn't mean for that to sound like a lecture :rolleyes: )

http://smuckers.com/faq/product/pg11.asp#2? Smucker's Contact information.

Oh, I agree totally. That's why I'm asking for more feedback here b/c I thought I had done everthing I could to ensure these were safe. Perhaps the info on that thread is inaccurate then. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some well-known contamination issues with these products that I was unaware of.

Thank You!

i use listerine daily (the blue kind and the vanilla mint) with no problems.

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.