This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Lip Product Survey!

Eesha

Eesha Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm doing a research project on lip products in hopes of finding out which ones are gluten-free or not. I want to test the most popular lip products used by celiacs (both men and women). Do you mind sharing which products you use? Also could you share which ones you used to use (if you found out that they had gluten in them don't use them anymore)? You just have to post the brand of the product and the type. For example, Maybelline (brand) shiny-licious lipgloss (type).

Thanks!

Eesha

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi everyone, I'm doing a research project on lip products in hopes of finding out which ones are gluten-free or not. I want to test the most popular lip products used by celiacs (both men and women). Do you mind sharing which products you use? Also could you share which ones you used to use (if you found out that they had gluten in them don't use them anymore)? You just have to post the brand of the product and the type. For example, Maybelline (brand) shiny-licious lipgloss (type).

Thanks!

Eesha

Hi Easha,

I use brands that will verify that the lip products below are gluten-free--

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers

Badger Balm Lip Balms

Andrea Rose Lipsticks and Lip Glosses

Everyday Minerals Lip Glosses

dandelionmom Enthusiast

I use Burt's Bees lip shimmers. I use them because they're gluten-free. I used to just randomly pick up tinted glosses from the drug store.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I use:

ELF super glossy lip shines SPF 15

Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soother SPF 20

I love both and was told (by the companies) both were gluten-free...

missy'smom Collaborator

I didn't check the whole product line. Just the specific ones that I'm currently using.

Loreal Color Riche Lipstick #845

Chanel Aqualumiere Lipstick #47

Chanel Infrarouge Lipstick #45

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast

I mainly use:

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Blam (gluten free)

Sometimes use:

Everyday Minerals Cherry Fizz Lip Gloss (gluten free -- you will find a long forum on this site about this brand)

Good Luck with your paper :D

ohsotired Enthusiast

Not to hijack, but I have a question for you ladies using the Burt's Bees lip balms......what, specifically are you using?

I looked at several in the store the other day, and the ones in the slim tube have tocopherol in them, but the ones in the squeeze tube didn't appear to. I guess I'm unclear on whether tocopherol is actually a problem? Also, I'm pretty picky and prefer a more waxy type lip balm as opposed to a more gloss type (they usually feel too sticky for me).

TIA!

*sorry for the hijack! :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Not to hijack, but I have a question for you ladies using the Burt's Bees lip balms......what, specifically are you using?

I looked at several in the store the other day, and the ones in the slim tube have tocopherol in them, but the ones in the squeeze tube didn't appear to. I guess I'm unclear on whether tocopherol is actually a problem? Also, I'm pretty picky and prefer a more waxy type lip balm as opposed to a more gloss type (they usually feel too sticky for me).

TIA!

*sorry for the hijack! :unsure:

No need to be sorry :D That's a great question.

It's true that we need to investigate the source of tocopherol/vitamin E since it can be derived from wheat.

In the case of Burt's Bees--they state that theirs is sourced from soy.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I use Burt's Bees lip shimmers and Everyday Minerals lip glosses.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

The ones I am using now are:

Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

Burts Bees Lemon-Lime Lip Gloss

Burt's Bees Strawberry Lip Gloss

Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm

Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Everyday Mineralls Lip Gloss (cherry fizz, copper, soccer practice and one more I can't remember)

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Lip Balm

Lisa16 Collaborator

For moisture, carmex wins hands down. The second choice is burt's bees-- the honey scented one (not peppermint or pomegranate, which irritate me)

For lipsticks I like Clinique different, Chanel "darling", and 100% pure lipgloss and cheek/lip tint. I also like the burt's bees shimmers in the tube type applicators.

Do not use Aveda products. I got zapped bad by a lipgloss from them.

rpf1007 Rookie

I use some of the MAC lipglosses. There are some lipsticks by them that are not ok though.

babinsky Apprentice

I e-mailed Chanel several months ago and they stated all of their lip covers....gloss and lipstick are gluten free. I am sorry I did not save the e-mail to forward but unless things have changed over the last couple of months they are safe.

finally diagnosed Apprentice

Thanks!

Eesha

I use Jane Iredale and Burts Bee's.

Archived