Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eesha

Lip Product Survey!

Hi everyone, I'm doing a research project on lip products in hopes of finding out which ones are gluten-free or not. I want to test the most popular lip products used by celiacs (both men and women). Do you mind sharing which products you use? Also could you share which ones you used to use (if you found out that they had gluten in them don't use them anymore)? You just have to post the brand of the product and the type. For example, Maybelline (brand) shiny-licious lipgloss (type).

Thanks!

Eesha

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi everyone, I'm doing a research project on lip products in hopes of finding out which ones are gluten-free or not. I want to test the most popular lip products used by celiacs (both men and women). Do you mind sharing which products you use? Also could you share which ones you used to use (if you found out that they had gluten in them don't use them anymore)? You just have to post the brand of the product and the type. For example, Maybelline (brand) shiny-licious lipgloss (type).

Thanks!

Eesha

Hi Easha,

I use brands that will verify that the lip products below are gluten-free--

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers

Badger Balm Lip Balms

Andrea Rose Lipsticks and Lip Glosses

Everyday Minerals Lip Glosses

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I use:

ELF super glossy lip shines SPF 15

Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soother SPF 20

I love both and was told (by the companies) both were gluten-free...

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

I didn't check the whole product line. Just the specific ones that I'm currently using.

Loreal Color Riche Lipstick #845

Chanel Aqualumiere Lipstick #47

Chanel Infrarouge Lipstick #45

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I mainly use:

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Blam (gluten free)

Sometimes use:

Everyday Minerals Cherry Fizz Lip Gloss (gluten free -- you will find a long forum on this site about this brand)

Good Luck with your paper :D

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

Not to hijack, but I have a question for you ladies using the Burt's Bees lip balms......what, specifically are you using?

I looked at several in the store the other day, and the ones in the slim tube have tocopherol in them, but the ones in the squeeze tube didn't appear to. I guess I'm unclear on whether tocopherol is actually a problem? Also, I'm pretty picky and prefer a more waxy type lip balm as opposed to a more gloss type (they usually feel too sticky for me).

TIA!

*sorry for the hijack! :unsure:

Dx Celiac 08/22/08

Iron Deficient Anemia / Blood Clotting Disorder / Severe Vit D Deficiency / Low Cortisol / Progesterone/Testosterone Deficient

Persisting Sx: bouts of extreme fatigue, dry itchy skin, dry gritty eyes, bouts of brain fog and terrible short term memory, hair loss, hypoglycemic tendencies, low body temps, low BP, cold hands and feet

UPDATE: Began BHRT 9/22/10 and it made a world of difference, for about 2 weeks. Hair loss stopped almost completely, energy levels way up and felt 19 again! Going back for a booster this week....

Not to hijack, but I have a question for you ladies using the Burt's Bees lip balms......what, specifically are you using?

I looked at several in the store the other day, and the ones in the slim tube have tocopherol in them, but the ones in the squeeze tube didn't appear to. I guess I'm unclear on whether tocopherol is actually a problem? Also, I'm pretty picky and prefer a more waxy type lip balm as opposed to a more gloss type (they usually feel too sticky for me).

TIA!

*sorry for the hijack! :unsure:

No need to be sorry :D That's a great question.

It's true that we need to investigate the source of tocopherol/vitamin E since it can be derived from wheat.

In the case of Burt's Bees--they state that theirs is sourced from soy.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

The ones I am using now are:

Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

Burts Bees Lemon-Lime Lip Gloss

Burt's Bees Strawberry Lip Gloss

Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm

Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Everyday Mineralls Lip Gloss (cherry fizz, copper, soccer practice and one more I can't remember)

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Lip Balm

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

For moisture, carmex wins hands down. The second choice is burt's bees-- the honey scented one (not peppermint or pomegranate, which irritate me)

For lipsticks I like Clinique different, Chanel "darling", and 100% pure lipgloss and cheek/lip tint. I also like the burt's bees shimmers in the tube type applicators.

Do not use Aveda products. I got zapped bad by a lipgloss from them.

I e-mailed Chanel several months ago and they stated all of their lip covers....gloss and lipstick are gluten free. I am sorry I did not save the e-mail to forward but unless things have changed over the last couple of months they are safe.

Confirmed by endoscopy and blood tests October 2007

Donna

Thanks!

Eesha

I use Jane Iredale and Burts Bee's.