Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purple

Salt And Vinegar Potato Chips

I was wondering if anyone knows if salt and vinegar potato chips are gluten-free. We live an hour away to the nearest store so I can't go look. My daughter wants some :P and her birthday is next week. I would like to know before I get to the store. Thanks for your input. :)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Celiac.com Sponsor (A11-m):

This will vary from brand to brand. Kettle brand are safe; I don't know about others. (I just bought some Old Dutch Salt & Vinegar chips, but apparently they aren't gluten-free, so I'm not eating them.) Many brands use malt vinegar, which, of course, is no good.

Oh, thank you, thank you so much. My daughter tried to make homemade ones. I will be sure to get the Kettles and surprise her :P on her birthday.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Frito-Lay salt & vinegar chips are gluten free. You have to be careful with their products. Many people seem to react badly to them.

Here's the latest Frito-Lay gluten free list:

http://www.fritolay.com/fl/flstore/cgi-bin...odID_364066.htm

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic