Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purple

Dr. Mercola's Free Newsletter

Anyone want to learn more about health issues...for free? Go to mercola.com and sign up for his free natural health newsletter.

Here are some highlites of a recent one:

Probiotics purposes:

Digesting and absorbing certain carbs, converting them into primary sources of energy and nutrients.

Producing vitamins, absorbing minerals and eliminating toxins

Keeping bad bacteria under control

Preventing allergies by training the immune system to distinguish between pathogens and non-harmful antigens and how to respond appropriately

Providing vital support to your immune system

also tells which kind of probiotics we need and how to get it from the right kinds of food/supplements

another letter says 80% of immune system resides in your gut

Their are also tons of readers comments about each topic.

Other topics: cancer, autism, high fructose corn syrup, milk, cell phones, omega 3's, which food additives to avoid, prescription drugs, vaccinations, sugar, raw foods, cholesterol, obesity, fibromyalgia, sleep, soy, water, heart, arthritis, and tons more.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I get his newsletters. I read them. But I always keep in mind that he makes his money selling crap loads of supplements and products. There is always research that can support your beliefs, if you dig hard enough. And many articles take the slant of the writers ideas (not necessarily the facts). So read them, but do plenty of research before deciding if something he says sounds right.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

I get his newsletters. I read them. But I always keep in mind that he makes his money selling crap loads of supplements and products. There is always research that can support your beliefs, if you dig hard enough. And many articles take the slant of the writers ideas (not necessarily the facts). So read them, but do plenty of research before deciding if something he says sounds right.

I read that he is against the use of most supplements most of the time. He thinks we should get the vitamins we need from raw food. Many things he has touched on I had already researched and found that he said the same thing. For instance Monsanto and vaccines. However he is human like everyone and we all make mistakes. Is there anything specific that you disagree about according to your research? Just wondering <_< Also has he ever done a study on Celiac?

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Over the years, I have come to truly respect Joseph Mercola and what he purports. I've had to struggle somewhat with the obvious fact that he does sell health products on his site, but he does have to make a living, his products are made with his medical beliefs as their basis, and with that I let it go.

I do believe that he really wants to get the big, simple message out: One must take control of their own health and stop being bamboozled by Big Pharma.

EFT is an amazing acupressure technique that I learned through his urging. It is well worth reading about and can be found by googling EFT technique. Incredible things can transpire! :)

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Dr. Mercola had an interesting article on cholesterol today in case anyone is interested.

Dr. Mercola had an interesting article on cholesterol today in case anyone is interested.

I read that. Said he had a cholesterol level of 75 at one point. So did I. When I was sick with Celiac! That oughta tell you how stupid this low cholesterol 'movement' is.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

I read that. Said he had a cholesterol level of 75 at one point. So did I. When I was sick with Celiac! That oughta tell you how stupid this low cholesterol 'movement' is.

[/quote

Yup, Big Pharma is just out to get our money and make us sick with their chemicals and to brain wash everyone. They are good at fooling many doctors too telling them that drugs heal. Eating right heals. Our bodies don't know what to do with those foreign substances. Docs get paid by them to push those chemicals. Its no wonder we have such a good medical system in our country but people are more sick than ever and with new diseases (prob caused by their new drugs) Ever wonder why free range animals very seldom if ever get sick? Because they eat right.