Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babysteps

Ca Central Coast Wineries

Just got back from a trip, found 2 wineries with gluten-free (and only gluten-free) snacks at their tasting bars!

Kynsi, Edna Valley (San Luis Obispo)

Small family winery, lovely flowers, Trader Joe's rice crackers as snacks. About 4-5 wines on offer, very good quality.

Sculpterra, Paso Robles

Family owned but pretty impressive, there is a sculpture garden with tables scattered about and park-like plantings. Big (but not huge) tasting room with estate-grown pistachios as the snack. The pistachios are excellent! Wines are fine but not amazing, their chardonnay was the best taste-for-value, reds were decently made but not compelling at the retail prices.

I always have plain (well, sesame unsalted) rice crackers along for wine tasting, since 99% of wineries use crackers of some kind as the bar snack. gluten-free snacks from the wineries not only is nice to see, it also means I can share a single tasting with my spouse without becoming the gluten cop!

gluten-free (except unintentionally) from 7 Dec 2007

3 gluten-free cousins and counting (1 gold standard, 1 pos blood/no endo, 1 self/dietary diagnosed)

suspect mother was celiac (also, cousin suspects my mother's twin is celiac)

Feb 08 testing 'normal range' for gluten antibodies, IBD and food allergies

Staying off gluten - dietary reaction is compelling for me!

"Hi, I'm the gluten-free diner at your table."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks so much for sharing that info! We are planning to be in that area next summer, and that's one less thing to worry about : )

Thanks!

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005