Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sixdogssixcats

Buying Flours In Bulk

Since my 3yo daughter's diagnosis nearly a month ago, I've spent every weekend playing Betty Crocker, which is not a role I'd assumed before. However, I'm actually having a lot of fun playing with my new bread machine. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage to pay for all these little bags of flour!

Is it possible to get the various gluten-free flours in bulk, like in 5- or 10-lb sacks? My local grocery store carries all of them in 24oz bags and for cheaper than anywhere I could find to order them online, even before adding in shipping, but I'm thinking there has to be a more economical way to go about this. Any ideas?

Lesley

Mom of Catherine - 01/18/05 (Celiac, Reflux, Psoriasis)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know what you mean. I have punted many a bread that didn't work out, out the front door. It took two big dogs to carry off the worst one. It is definitely a different way to cook isn't it? So much to learn.

Once you do FIND a place that sells in bulk try to get with other Celiac's in your area and try to do a co-op with them. That's the only way I can think of to make it feasible for you, and you other Celiac friends will love you for doing it. It seems that everyone is "so busy" they don't or won't make time for this great opportunity. I have yet to find bulk either . I'm sure its out there but where? It sure would be a money saver.

Oli