Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

munchkinette

Airport Security

I am flying to the Honduras in a few months, and I need advice. I have flown and traveled a ton since being dxed and never had a problem, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the international restrictions were on bringing food into a foreign country are. I was going to pack a couple of cases of Lara bars and other pre-packaged food to hold me over when finding food will be a problem. Does anyone know?

It really depends on the regulations of the country that you are entering. Packaged food should be OK and I've never had a problem with anything sealed. It's the organic matter that isn't - produce, meat, etc. If you bring cooked food for the plane you have to dump it before clearing customs. There are usually signs and amnesty bins on the way to customs. I hope you have a great trip.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...
    I disagree with this statement.   Mental conditions are not "already there" in people with Celiac Disease.  Celiac Disease causes malabsorption which results in malnutrition.  Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause changes in ...