Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beth in NC

First Gluten Reaction

I've only been gluten-free for a week and I have felt better since the switch. First thing I noticed was that I no longer have chronic Con. that requires supplements twice a day. I'm all on my own now. The other main thing is that my energy has been slowly improving. Sometimes all day, sometimes only half a day, but even if I'm having "fibro" pain, I still feel stronger.

So this morning I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Nasal congestion, muscle aches and cramping...could hardly keep my arms up long enough to dry my hair this morning. Really weak. I can't tell GI wise because I never had D as a symptom before, so I assume my GI reaction would still lean towards what I had before diagnosis and well...it takes a while to see if you are Con. LOL!

Would you assume this is a CC reaction or that I'm just still in the early phases of recovery? I did have some Sesmark rice crackers last night at bedtime. Their ingredients are fine, but they aren't a dedicated facility, so I do wonder about them. I don't think anything else yesterday is a possibility. Maybe before?

Do neuro symptoms take longer to hit you than GI symptoms, when you've been glutened? Just curious since alot of my "fibro" symptoms are neuro related.

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

To me, this sounds like you got cross contaminated by the crackers. I get the same types of symptoms (although I tend to D) as you describe the day after I've been glutened. The weakness, sinus pressure, fatigue--yes, I would say it's a gluten reaction.

As to whether you might get D or C, it different for everyone and sometimes as you heal, your symptoms change. At the beginning, it is somewhat of a 'rollercoaster ride', feeling better, and then backsliding.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev