This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any Folks From Sw Pa, Or N. Wv?

Cath724

Cath724 Apprentice

Hi! I live in Washington, PA, about 45 minutes south of Pittsburgh and 45 minutes north of Morgantown, WV. I'd love to find some folks to try out some new restaurants if anyone's interested! The choices in my area are definately limited, to say the least (I'm a vegetarian too).

Does anyone know, are Thai restaurants good places for Celiacs?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mirabella Apprentice
Hi! I live in Washington, PA, about 45 minutes south of Pittsburgh and 45 minutes north of Morgantown, WV. I'd love to find some folks to try out some new restaurants if anyone's interested! The choices in my area are definately limited, to say the least (I'm a vegetarian too).

Does anyone know, are Thai restaurants good places for Celiacs?

hello, I grew up in York Pa then move to state college Pa. I now live in kingsport tn. I would not try a thai restaurant they have alot of sauces that contain msg

raen Apprentice

i live in shenandoa PA, not too close, but i fully disagree about the thai food. when i lived in atlanta, i often went to a (real - not takeout) thai restaurant because most of their items were, in fact, gluten free, or could be made gluten-free by leaving out soy sauce. while i cant speak for all thai places, that particular one knew exactly what gluten was and how to safely prepare the food.. not to mention it was tasty. on the contrary though, there was a (real) Japanese restaurant next door that used some form of wheat in every single dish. avoid sushi shacks, and any asian takeout. real korean food is sometimes gluten free, too.

• 3 months later...
minniejack Contributor

Hi live in Northern West Virginia and love the Thai restuarant in the Strip district--did you ever find out if it was okay--I know they're hard to understand on a good day so I'm afraid to go in even with my celiac restaurant cards

• 2 months later...
LadyCyclist87 Apprentice

I'm in the Pittsburgh area!! You know, there's a really good thai kitchen restaurant right in Oakland if you're ever in downtown Pittsburgh...it's called Lu Lu's Noodles. Not all of their items are gluten-free, but I have in fact ordered gluten-free dishes from there...delicious! I've only been there a couple times but have loved it and want to go back!!

• 6 months later...
Chuck8268 Rookie
I'm in the Pittsburgh area!! You know, there's a really good thai kitchen restaurant right in Oakland if you're ever in downtown Pittsburgh...it's called Lu Lu's Noodles. Not all of their items are gluten-free, but I have in fact ordered gluten-free dishes from there...delicious! I've only been there a couple times but have loved it and want to go back!!

Did you say cyclist? An avid cyclist here. Live in sourh central Pa,

• 2 weeks later...
LadyCyclist87 Apprentice
Did you say cyclist? An avid cyclist here. Live in sourh central Pa,

Well, I'm still picking up on cycling, but I like biking/bicycling a lot more. What part of south central PA are you from?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I'm in Pittsburgh!

There will be a celiac awareness day at a Pirates game at PNC Park in late September--I think it's posted on the home page of this forum.

MSG is not gluten, btw. I have had very good luck with Thai restaurants in general.

Chuck8268 Rookie
Well, I'm still picking up on cycling, but I like biking/bicycling a lot more. What part of south central PA are you from?

Hi

I`m about 10 miles east of where Flight 93 went down on 9/11

And keep up the cycling

Chuck

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I'm in the Harrisburg area.

JBaby Enthusiast

In Pittsburgh. My best friend lives out your way in canonsburg. I amm not having much luck with restaurants. If I ask for gluten fre menu and order from it, they screw it up. If I go out from now on, it will be a salad and veggies.

Chuck8268 Rookie

Somerset/Bedford border B)

LadyCyclist87 Apprentice
Somerset/Bedford border B)

Oh I know exactly where that is; I pass those towns on the turnpike every time I head home from school. I only go to school in Pittsburgh; my hometown is York, PA.

LadyCyclist87 Apprentice
I'm in Pittsburgh!

There will be a celiac awareness day at a Pirates game at PNC Park in late September--I think it's posted on the home page of this forum.

MSG is not gluten, btw. I have had very good luck with Thai restaurants in general.

Wow, I always thought MSG was gluten...

I might go to that Celiac Awareness Day at the Pirates' game. Haven't been to a baseball game in forever, and I have friends who might go with me...

Archived