Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mirabella

Swollen Ankles And Feet

Well, it could be that your system is just generally out of whack, digestion wise. In celiac your intestines can get damaged and be inflamed / irritated on an almost constant basis. So, foods that wouldn't bother you from having gluten in them may still cause a reaction due to the already existing inflamation and sensitivity in your gut. It's like rubbing a sore or a burn on your skin, it hurts. Also, some people seem to have problems with potatoes. If you have celiac there is a good chance your system will need some time to recover and settle down after going gluten-free.

Well, it could be that your system is just generally out of whack, digestion wise. In celiac your intestines can get damaged and be inflamed / irritated on an almost constant basis. So, foods that wouldn't bother you from having gluten in them may still cause a reaction due to the already existing inflamation and sensitivity in your gut. It's like rubbing a sore or a burn on your skin, it hurts. Also, some people seem to have problems with potatoes. If you have celiac there is a good chance your system will need some time to recover and settle down after going gluten-free.

I Have a Dr. appt Monday, I have alot of questions for her. (family Dr.) My GI Dr. doesn't wanna see me till late September. Hopefully I will have the test results to post on this forum.

Dr. is baffled. Some of my symptoms have subsided somewhat, nausea is still sticking around. She thinks it is my nerves. so I am now on nerve medicine and probiotics which helps with absorbing nutrients this sort of puts bacteria back into the stomach. Essentual enzymes was also on the list of things to purchase, this is to help my stomach break down the foods.

I will give it a try. Im up for anything to make feel normal. I lost another 9lbs in two weeks. My total weight loss is 43lbs since May. I get so hungry all the time I wake-up hungry in the middle of the night. But I also get queazy.

thanks for reading.

Dr. is baffled. Some of my symptoms have subsided somewhat, nausea is still sticking around. She thinks it is my nerves. so I am now on nerve medicine and probiotics which helps with absorbing nutrients this sort of puts bacteria back into the stomach. Essentual enzymes was also on the list of things to purchase, this is to help my stomach break down the foods.

I will give it a try. Im up for anything to make feel normal. I lost another 9lbs in two weeks. My total weight loss is 43lbs since May. I get so hungry all the time I wake-up hungry in the middle of the night. But I also get queazy.

thanks for reading.

Did she run any further tests? Urine test at least to check for protein? Edema is often a sign of kidney problems and I hope she took it seriously.

Swollen feet could also be a sign of heart disease. If your heart isn't pumping well you tend to get blood pooling in the feet and legs. Also think you need to push your doctor to figure this out.

Did she run any further tests? Urine test at least to check for protein? Edema is often a sign of kidney problems and I hope she took it seriously.

oh gosh she did so many tests

glucose

hypo-hyperglycemia

addisons disease

h-pylora

urine

stool

sprue

lime disease

I do feel comfortable about the test she ran. I know some cheese has gluten. I love blue cheese but kills my stomach. How about goat cheese. Have you ever eaten millet.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...