Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neesee

My Horrible Week

I spent the past week in the hospital. I thought I had been glutened! It was acute sigmoid diverticulosis. The Drs. found it in the cat scan. I was in so much pain! I had IV antibotics for 7 days and now I'm on oral antibiotics at home. I don't think I'm out of the woods yet. I need a colonoscopy in 4 to six weeks to see how damaged I really am. The doggone surgeons kept hanging around talking about colostomys. Oh well such is life. One way or the other, I will survive.

On the plus side, when they decided I needed some solid food, the dietitions did a great job feeding me a perfect gluten-free diet. :D When they get a celiac patient, they run right out to the store and buy any specitality items they need. I was impressed.

My potassium is still low, and my iron is low too. I think they put potassium in my Iv 4 or 5 times as well as magnesium and phosphorous.

I'm pretty week and run down right now.

I hope everyone else had a better week. Remember to eat your fiber!

neesee

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Good Grief........what a week and horrible experience.

I hope your feeling better now.

It's wonderful to hear how they met your special gluten-free needs.

that's a new one for sure ;)

heal fast.

Judy

Judy in Southern CA

I'm glad you're home and on the mend, lots more rest and a speedy recovery to you!!! :)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Hi neesee--

What a week! Hope you recover quickly :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Awww.... thank you Judy and Celiac mommy.

I have to say, even though was really bad, I feel so loved! My family is the best! My little poodle babies too! I thought the were going to drown me with kisses when I got home :lol:

neesee

I am glad you are now home and recovering. I know how painful an attack of diverticulitis can be and I hope you continue to improve and feel great soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

My little poodle babies too! I thought the were going to drown me with kisses when I got home :lol:

neesee

Aaawww, slobbery poodle kisses :wub:

I'm glad you came back to much love.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I hope you get better soon Neesee! My younger brother had a colostomy for a while. He had Crohns. It was intended to give his intestines a chance to heal and rest. I think it did because they undid the colostomy after a while and he was better. He was able to ride his bicycle back and forth to town 26 miles round trip after that. I like your advice to eat fiber. I try to remember to put a little psyllium husks in my food.

The anti-biotics might help. Here si a a link to an old story on BBC news about a theory that bacteria are involved with Crohn's. Not saying you have Crohn's of course, celiac si very different. I just thot it interesting that this MAP bacteria is present in some people with GI symptoms. Sorry, kind of off topic.

** 'Clear' bacteria link to Crohn's **

A US team has found the clearest evidence yet that Crohn's disease is caused by a type of bacteria.

< http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/health/3663336.stm >

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul