Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Very Worried

i was rafting this past weekend and fell out of the boat and accidentally swallowed a small amt of river water. I am really scared that I'm going to get giardia or another parasitic infection. i actually had giardia once and am pretty convinced thats what caused my gluten and dairy intlerances. I cannot imagine going thru it again and cant beging to think what it would do to my already messed up insides. are there any preventative measures i can take? Thanks

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Jason, try not to panic here. Not everybody who swallows river water gets ill every time. Nobody would ever swim in a river or lake ever again if that was the case. I must have swallowed river water a million times in my life, and never had giardia!

If you want to be safe, why not do a parasite cleanse? Almost everybody in North America (and everywhere else in the world) has parasites, you included. Therefore it is a good idea for all people to do a parasite cleanse once or twice a year anyway, so maybe in order for you to feel safe, now might be the time for you to do one.

And don't rely on a doctor to do a test for parasites, I was told I didn't have any (they only test for a fraction of what is out there), but I had thousands of parasites come out when I did a cleanse in May.

An excellent (and inexpensive) cleanse can be found here: Humaworm parasite cleanse . My naturopathic doctor checked it out and told me that he was switching for his patients, because it was better than what he had been prescribing.

Also, eat lots of garlic, it kills parasites, viruses and other intruders. Eat it raw if you can handle it, it works best that way.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have only been gluten-free for a very short time. Do I need to heal more before doing this?

Jason, try not to panic here. Not everybody who swallows river water gets ill every time. Nobody would ever swim in a river or lake ever again if that was the case. I must have swallowed river water a million times in my life, and never had giardia!

If you want to be safe, why not do a parasite cleanse? Almost everybody in North America (and everywhere else in the world) has parasites, you included. Therefore it is a good idea for all people to do a parasite cleanse once or twice a year anyway, so maybe in order for you to feel safe, now might be the time for you to do one.

And don't rely on a doctor to do a test for parasites, I was told I didn't have any (they only test for a fraction of what is out there), but I had thousands of parasites come out when I did a cleanse in May.

An excellent (and inexpensive) cleanse can be found here: Humaworm parasite cleanse . My naturopathic doctor checked it out and told me that he was switching for his patients, because it was better than what he had been prescribing.

Also, eat lots of garlic, it kills parasites, viruses and other intruders. Eat it raw if you can handle it, it works best that way.

Jenny

(Texas girl in AZ)

Diag: 2/2008

Bloodwork - positive, 2/19/08

Biopsy - positive, 2/26/08

Colonoscopy - clean as a whistle!, 2/27/08

Thanks for your feedback. i actually cant eat garlic..i tested allergic and it gives me the worst indigestion and i burp it up for hrs and hrs. i may try another formula

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

I have only been gluten-free for a very short time. Do I need to heal more before doing this?

Yes, I don't think you should do any kind of cleanse before you have been gluten-free for at least six months. It could make you really ill otherwise.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about Oil of Oregano, probiotics, coconut oil might help or fiber(helps to remove the bacteria that attached to the colon). All the above are good anyway.

FYI it can take 1-3 weeks between exposure and when symptoms start.

Sorry you can't take garlic :(

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

An excellent (and inexpensive) cleanse can be found here: Humaworm parasite cleanse .

Yes, I don't think you should do any kind of cleanse before you have been gluten-free for at least six months. It could make you really ill otherwise.

I did humaworm in April & don't think of it as a "cleanse", in the common sense.

Most of the products I've seen that DO call themselves a cleanse have harsher ingred than humaworm and truly may be a problem for a healing celiac.

Humaworm the company DOES have a 2nd product that they call humacleanse, a colon cleanse, but they don't use the phrase "parasite cleanse" on their site.

When I did Humaworm, I was a teensy bit nauseous the 1st couple days, but no big deal & I'd recommend it for anyone.

I wouldn't recommend most actual Cleanse products for a healing celiac.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07