Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest gloria12

What Are The Benefits Of Organic Foods?

Guest gloria12

Hello everybody, I have heard a lot about people saying and talking about organic foods. I would like to know that what are the benefits of eating them and what are the various types organic foods

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is an article by consumer reports

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Excellent article!

In addition there is some research that seems to say that organic produce contains a higher level of nutrients than non organic. http://www.organic-center.org/news.pr.php?...ssrelease_id=22

That tends to make sense to me when you consider that organic produce is usually grown with more sustainable practices. Plants or trees tend to be placed further apart to take capture more soil light and water per plant, and they tend to be farmed with a view toward preserving the land they're grown on. For organic farmers there is no quick fix for the soil, no chemical fertilizer they can spray or spread so they're more careful when it comes to preserving their land for the next crop. You also have the knowledge of knowing you're contributing to the continuation of those earth wise processes by buying organic.

"My mother always told me, it's okay to play with a man's mind

as long as you put it back where you got it when you're done with it."