This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yet Another "cinderella" Story?

FaithInScienceToo

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

FaithInScienceToo-Yes I can see how you made your decision. Your reasons make sense and if you want to go for it. They need to be alerted somehow on what not to give you.

How was the day with your 4 year old niece? Little kids are so cute :D

Talk to you all later :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

I wear my medic alert everywhere because I am bery high compeditave in soccer, and if it is an away game, and my parents aren't there, and I get hurt,(which has happened...) I would make sure that everyone knew what i could/couldn't have, and if I can't talk, then the bracelet is a way of conveying it to them

celiac3270 Collaborator
I wear my medic alert everywhere because I am bery high compeditave in soccer, and if it is an away game, and my parents aren't there, and I get hurt,(which has happened...) I would make sure that everyone knew what i could/couldn't have, and if I can't talk, then the bracelet is a way of conveying it to them

I see your point, but I would think that if something really bad happens to you, you want people to give you whatever you need to get better--then you can deal with a gluten reaction.

mela14 Enthusiast

Hi Faith,

Welcome to the board and good luck to you! I have a lot of the same intolerances and soy is a definate NO. I had the York allergy testing done which helped me to fine tune what I should be watching..It's still a challenge though and I have slips.

Eggs came up the strongest in so far as allergies and those seem to have been what I reacted a lot to! Milk also kills me. So....what I'm saying is that you could have a lot of other intolerances as a results of your celiac disease.

I recently started estrogen replacement (vivelle dot) and it has helped so mcuh with the night sweats and migraines....That could be part of your problem as you are perimenapausal. I had a total hysterectomy 2 years ago and was never put on any estrogen. It only messed me up more. So....I am fising one thing at a time.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing! Good luck with your new love interest too!

That in itself could be exciting!

FaithInScienceToo Contributor

Happy Sunday, all:

Thanks for the new posts, and continued warm welcomes!

I SO enjoy hearing your stories...reading your recollections of 'the bad stuff' makes me feel 'not so alone'...but, I most enjoy hearing of your triumphs!

"We, go, girls!" :) oops...and guys, too, 'out there' in cyber space....

Kaiti...thanks for asking about my day yesterday with my 4-year-old niece, Anna...

It was fun. I first took her to visit her "Nana and Poppy" - my folks (ages 76)...we brought Valentine's flowers and a balloon with love birds on it to them...

and then we went to one of my Bros and his family, so that she could play with my other little niece, Sarah, who is 3 years old. When we first arrived, my sis-in-law had to feed the baby, and my bro went out to buy pizza (luckily, I brought alone food I could eat)...so, I played soccer with the girls, and chase, of course...Having 2 little kids chase me around the backyard was a joy...

In the car on the way to my folks' house (a 50 minute drive) Anna and I talked about the various holidays that occur throught the year. She enjoyed trying to remember the order they come in...When I got to Memorial Day...well, it was, of course, the hardest 'holiday' to discuss...She had a lot of questions about war...I ended that part of our talk with, "I only hope that when you and the other little children grow up, we, and all of the other coutries in the world, won't be starting any more wars..."

Ugh...guess I'm back to 'politics'...didn't mean to...but, that was the 'most poignant' part of the day with my dear niece, so sharing it seems appropriate...

I most enjoy teaching her about love...at every opportunity I can.

Thanks for asking, Kaiti.

and....Thanks, everyone, for 'being there' -

Gina

FaithInScienceToo Contributor

Just wondered...do some people on here contact each other 'off the board?'

Via e-mail...for more personal support?

Just curious -

Gina

celiac3270 Collaborator

I do--I periodically e-mail/PM 3-4 people from the board, and exchange frequent e-mails/IMs with one person from here....I think I've made a few good friends so far-- :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

I've gotten a couple emails, maybe a dozen or two in the year I've been here. Nothing particularly regular, myself, but that's pretty standard for me.

flagbabyds Collaborator

I converse with a lot of people

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

FaithInScienceToo-That is awesome you had a good time with your niece. I bet it was fun to just spend some time with her and your family :D

I talk to a few people from this board online. I like talking to people and building relationships. If anyone wants to IM me or email me they can :D

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I PM/E-mail a few people, some are in my local support group, and one I bug when I am visiting his city.

There are good people here!

mela14 Enthusiast

I've had contact with a few people form this board and all were very helpful and encouraging. That's what were here for.

• 2 weeks later...
des1713 Newbie

Mariposa Brownies -- the triple chocolate truffle -- are bar none the ABSOLUTE BEST gluten-free brownie/baked good I have tasted. You could serve them to non-gluten-free people and they's NEVER know the difference.

I am on my second order from Mariposa. They are high quality gourment, as reflected by the price, but soooo worth it!!! I have tried the mixes and some store bought brownies like Crave Bakery in SF and NOTHING is even close to the Mariposa. I think the trick is they do not use a lot of flour so they are super mosit.

I am so happy I have discovered Mariposa Brownies!!!

Archived