This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Are Some Of Your Favorite Snacks?

Blessings

Blessings Explorer

slmprofesseur

You make the veggies sound great. I started counting calories this week and it is hard cutting back. I am adding more fresh veggies, but salad is bad on my guts. I had some gluten-free chees puffs and read them as 1 calorie a piece then my son tells me today that I read it wrong and they are 5 a piece. Opps!

This recouperating is hard. I sit around, sleep, eat and watch TV. I see the dr. tomorrow hopefully I will be able to start my water aerobics class soon.

Anyone like Jicama? Only 45 caloris for a cup cubed.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

slmprofesseur Apprentice

Fresh summer fruit- I bought a box of peaches at the farmers market and my ds says "a yummy!"

sickchick Community Regular

Jicama rules, Blessings. :) I can't eat salad without immediately running to the powderroom after, too. :(

Fruit I seem to be fine with though. I just eat apples and pineapples and things with substance. (ah, peaches) lol

Things will get better though

good luck @ the dr!

lovelove

Live2BWell Enthusiast

I'm new to being Gluten Free - so my experience is limited, but .... so far, my list consists of :)

• Enjoy Life "Not Nuts Mountain Mambo" trailmix
  • Dried Fruit Crisps
  • Dried Veggie Crisps
  • Dried Apples (not crispy)
  • Envirokidz Peanut Butter Flavored Crispy Rice Bar
  • Kinnikinick White Tapioca Rice Bread Toasted with Margarine (gluten-free, ofcourse!) and sprinkled with Cinnamon Sugar
  • Plain Yogurt with Millet
  • Fruit Smoothes with Flaxseed
  • Pamela's Chocolate Chunk Cookies
  • Starbucks Vivanno Nourishing Blends

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
slmprofesseur

You make the veggies sound great. I started counting calories this week and it is hard cutting back. I am adding more fresh veggies, but salad is bad on my guts. I had some gluten-free chees puffs and read them as 1 calorie a piece then my son tells me today that I read it wrong and they are 5 a piece. Opps!

This recouperating is hard. I sit around, sleep, eat and watch TV. I see the dr. tomorrow hopefully I will be able to start my water aerobics class soon.

Anyone like Jicama? Only 45 caloris for a cup cubed.

I don't want to sound preachy, but while you're healing, you need to make sure you get enough good dietary fats. Like organic meats and avocado and olive oil and fish and stuff. A good percentage of the vitamins you need are "fat-soluble", which means you won't be able to digest them without some dietary fat, so you'll stay malnourished. Honestly, cutting back on calories should probably wait until you've had a chance to heal for a while. Just my two cents.

Blessings Explorer

HI JNbunny

Thanks for the input. Mostly I am cutting back on the snack foods. Mainly from the list above.

Before I started my maintenance calories was about 2200 I'm aiming for 1400 but eating more like 1600-1700. I will make sure not to cut back to much for a while. I see my GI Sept 2 and will talk to him about it. Thanks so much.

Check out my thread on our Celiac Sprue Association mtg today. All the wonderful food ideas from a dietician in town. :P

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
HI JNbunny

Thanks for the input. Mostly I am cutting back on the snack foods. Mainly from the list above.

Before I started my maintenance calories was about 2200 I'm aiming for 1400 but eating more like 1600-1700. I will make sure not to cut back to much for a while. I see my GI Sept 2 and will talk to him about it. Thanks so much.

Check out my thread on our Celiac Sprue Association mtg today. All the wonderful food ideas from a dietician in town. :P

I saw, now I'm starving, thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

newceliac Enthusiast

sickchick,

What is your recipe for chocolate sorbet with chocolate chips?

GFinDC Veteran

Chunky applesauce with cinnamon, dried cranberries, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a tablespoon of Hershey's dry coco powder, and 2 minutes of nuking power. Remember to tap your foot during the nuking.

Lisa16 Collaborator

If you like shrimp these are two good ones:

spring rolls--

You cut up some cucumber, carrots and thaw some big shrimp. You add some spinach leaves and fresh cilantro, a little lime juice and some thai sweet sauce (you can make it with fresh orange juice, vinegar, sugar, bird's eye peppers, garlic and a little xantan gum). You arrange everything artfully in a tapioca rice wrapper (I use a double).

Dairy free, gluten free and very low carb. A guilt free treat!

Another favorite is shrimp-stuffed peppers--

You take some shrimp, mirin, soy sauce, cilantro and sesame oil and mix in a little corn starch so it sticks together. You can put some carrots in there too if you want. Then you stuff it into peppers that you cut in half, de-seed and de-rib. You can either bake or steam these for a lower fat version, or batter them with chickpea flour, egg whites beaten stiff, a bit of cream of tartar and a bit of baking soda and salt. If you batter them, you can fry them in olive oil. I like to use the long green peppers that are pretty hot-- the heat leaves a bit when cooked.

DFGF and low carb-- especially the baked/ steamed version.

samcarter Contributor

I love Kind bars. I think that's what they're called. The Nut and Fruit delight is just that--delicious and good to have on hand when I'm at coffee hour after church where there is nothing gluten-free.

GFbrewer Newbie

Here they are:

Snickers

Three Musketeers (I think gluten-free)

Pamela's Choc Chip Cookies

Pamela's Choc Cake

Pamela's Brownies

Brown Cow Maple yogurt

Quesadillas with corn tortillas

ShayFL Enthusiast

I have so many limitations.....but I look forward to my 1 fruit smoothie a day. Homemade almond milk, a frozen banana and a handful of frozen blueberries or peaches.

GFqueen17 Contributor

Mother's Graham Bumper's Cereal

Tortilla Chips w/ melted cheese dipped in refried beans

Omlettes

Ab-Normal Rookie

Blue Diamond Nut Thins. I can eat 'em by the box. :D

Toasted corn tortillas with cheese.

We just found Kinikinnick pizza crusts -- I can haz pizza!

zip2play Apprentice

Currently trying to lose 10 pounds for my reunion in September, but when that isn't an issue:

Peanutbutter M&M's

Peanut M&M's

Snickers

gluten-free Texas sheet cake with ice cream (served WARM)

Apple crisp with ice cream (again served warm)

gluten-free Peanutbutter cookies

Vans gluten-free Waffles with PBJ

Apple Martini's (not food, but a good indulgence) ;)

Nut Thins with cheese or tuna YUMMO

Monica

powerbraid Rookie

...the new Lara Bar Jocalat flavour......CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT. (I just devoured one as a quick lunch.....loveliness!) :)

whitball Explorer

Hummus with corn chips

almonds, raisins, choco chips, enjoy life granola, nutty flax cereal mixed together mmmmmmmmmm

fresh blueberries and rice chex

pancakes

home made popcorn

fresh Michigan cherries

peanut butter and celery

what's a muddy buddy?

celiac-mommy Collaborator

For those choco-holics as well as those looking for a DEVINE snack under 100calories, I created this last night and now I don't think I'll be able to go a night without it:

16oz near boiling water

1 pkg sugar free hot cocoa mix

1 TBS sugar free chocolate pudding powder

whisk well, it thickens perfectly into the most rich hot chocolate that tastes like it's 1000 calories

sickchick Community Regular
sickchick,

What is your recipe for chocolate sorbet with chocolate chips?

ah! sorry it took me so long to reply... have been here and there! :)

Open Original Shared Link

lovelove

aim301 Rookie

Not exactly a healthy snack, but Utz Sour Cream and Onion are gluten-free. At least, it says so on the bag.

Archived