Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beth in NC

Elevated Vit. A And K Levels?

My PCP just called...the nurse actually, and my A and K levels were REALLY high from the blood they drew. Anyone know why that would be? I would have thought them to be low.

He's faxing the results to my GI. Wonder what he will say or do?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

just found this online....

Some of the most common signs and symptoms of vitamin A toxicity, which usually fall under the condition of hypervitaminosis A, include fatigue; headaches; muscle, joint and bone pain; dry, flaking skin; alopecia; amenorrhea; gastrointestinal problems, including nausea and vomiting; pruritus; and weight loss. Other problems that vitamin A overdose can cause include hepatomegaly, splenomegaly, liver damage, and a condition known as pseudotumor cerebri.1,2,3,4

Interesting

Did you take a big ol multi-vitamin before the test?

Are you taking cod liver oil?

Eat a lot of liver?

Tons of green leafy vegetables till they are coming out your ears?

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Did you take a big ol multi-vitamin before the test?

I don't remember. I'm not consistent with these at all.

Are you taking cod liver oil?

Nope

Eat a lot of liver?

Nope

Tons of green leafy vegetables till they are coming out your ears?

Not even every day

If you took a multi with Vit A and K before the test...it could skew it. You should stop taking your multi and retest in a few weeks.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Do you take vitamins at all, and if so, what do you take?

neesee

I take a double dose of Calcium every day...Everyday Calcium with Enzymes from Rainbow Light. Occasionally I take Rainbow Light's Women's Nutritional System Multi+Daily Program. I'm supposed to take 4 of those a day, but I can only get them down on a good day. They stink and taste like they smell and if I'm the least bit queasy, they ain't going no where!

I take other meds too, for high blood pressure, anxiety and Restless Leg Syndrome.