Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerri

Back On Gluten Major Health Issues -dr. Not Concerned

Within two weeks of going back on gluten, my liver enzymes were dangerously high, but have quieted to just above normal. I have a kidney/bladder infection, now being treated with Macrobid 100mgs. My stomach is bloated, and I rotate from being totally constipated, to diarrhea showing up from now where.

My celiac blood work supposedly all came back negative. My Gastro, said that was not uncommon. She was more interested how it brought my liver enzymes under control, cholesterol, and other blood work undercontrol.

I tried to get into see my family doctor about my liver enzymes rising into dangerous range and he chose to go on holidays without seeing me. I went to urgent care here and they did do another set of blood work which showed the reading still high but not dangerously high.

I am so tired, jaw pain, back pain, and side pain, a constant problem. Still constipated most of time, with little diarrhea,, and GERDs severe most the time.

This was all controlled before going back on gluten.

What does everyone think.

Hugs

Gerri

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think I wouldnt need a biopsy for proof that gluten was bad for me. :blink:

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

If it is debilitating you to the point where you cant perorm daily activities, I would just stay gluten-free and cancel the biopsy, you know whats best for you. If you think you can stick it out (depending on how bad you want the biopsy and official diagnosis) I would say go through with it....but there is always the risk of a negative. I will be in youir shoes soon since I am going to a G.I doc for the first time. I know how frustrating this is, knowing that gluten makes you sick, but yet everyone around you seems not to be believing and supportive unless it is confirmed by a doctor...at least this is what I am going through. I'm tempted to go back on gluten and get tested out of anger, but then that isnt healthy either :blink: It would almost be like slitting my wrists...