Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glutenfreegirl

Barley Grass, Wheat Grass Etc gluten-free?

Hi there can anyone tell me if the grasses are gluten free I am reading so many different opinions I knew some one here would know for sure.... wheat grass, barley grass, things like that I see them on products that have them in it and also say gluten free on the label are they or are they not gluten free??

celiac blood test positve 11/10

stool test postive 2009

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would not consume anything that had wheat grass or barley grass in it.

For example Naked Fruit Juice they are gluten free BUT NOT the Green Machine reason being it has wheat grass in it.

I am sure someone else will reply with more info :)

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

I don't eat anything with wheat grass or barley grass. In theory they are gluten free but IMO there is much to high a risk of CC. There is also the risk that a small portion of the wheat or barley grass has matured into wheat or barely that does contain gluten.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Here's what I think. IF they ever were or will be determined to be OK, the national Celiac associations would let us know and they haven't, as far as I know, so I stay away from them.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies