Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irunwithscissors

I Have Celiac Now What....

I took the blood test which came back positive the doctor at Kaiser emailed me my diagnosis which i found pretty insensitive....I figured something was wrong with me, the past 6 years I have been chasing bathrooms and wondering what the heck is going on. I have struggled to lose weight for the past 6 years as well. I am 33 and have never been overweight until after children. I play soccer 3 days a week and am a active mother. Hopefully gluten free will help me lose weight. I hope there are others out there to relate to and will find this board helpful.I am on day 6 of being gluten free and oh my gosh I dont have gas it is amazing:) I think childbirth brought on my celiac and am encouraging my mom to test as she has alot of the same symptoms!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome, I'm three weeks into this and doing OK, it's not as bad as I imagined.

Celiac Dx 6/16/08 with blood work done for chronic anemia.

Endoscopy & biopsy 6/25/08 - complete villious atrophy.

Vitamin D deficency - 50,000iu Vit D weekly started 8/4/08.

Iron Deficency Anemia - IV Iron infusions weekly started 8/7/08.

Osteopenia of spine 8/12/08 calcium supplements commenced.

DD aged 11yrs Celiac Dx 7/8/08, symptom free except for being short for age.

DS aged 4yrs Allergic to corn & oats but bloods & biopsies negative for Celiac 2/2007, GERD 5/2005, Cardiac surgery for retro-esophageal right sub-clavian artery 5/5/2005.

DD aged 2 yrs Bloods negative for Celiac.

Gluten Free life started 7/15/08

My Mum tested positive for celiac disease 7/25/08

My maternal great-grandfather died from "his stomach wearing away" he was a baker.

I believe my second C-section about a year ago is what did it for me. My IBS symptoms were off the charts after coming home from the hospital and remained that way until I went gluten free a little over a month ago. Good luck to you!

Amy

1989: I am diagnosed with IBS.

3/08: 8-year-old son diagnosed with Celiac (blood test and biopsy) and allergies to corn, egg whites, soy, peanuts, walnuts, wheat, and clam.

6/08: My Celiac test is negative.

7/08: I go completely gluten free despite negative test and NO MORE IBS SYMPTOMS!!

7/09: My Enterolab gluten sensitivity gene testing results indicate I have one Celiac gene and one gluten sensitivity gene.

8/09: I am diagnosed with Celiac based on gene testing results and positive response to diet.

I also had hoped to lose weight after going gluten free, but it didn't happen for me until I cut way back on the rice, rice pasta, rice snacks, etc.

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

Welcome to the boards. Please do encourage not just your Mom but all first degree relatives to be tested, even if they seem symptom free. Your doctor should have told you of that need but not all do. You have come to a great place for info and support and I hope you continue to improve. Things can be touch and go for the first few months while you heal and ferret out all the hidden gluten. Make sure you check any supplements and scripts, there are no labeling regs for those. OTC scripts should be checked with each refill as they can change binders at will.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Pregnancy triggered my symptoms as well.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!