This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Midel Ginger Snaps

Youngceliac16

Youngceliac16 Apprentice

I have seen TONS of gluten-free advertisements for the Midel ginger snaps, but just to let people know, they are made in a facility that has WHEAT! :( But in case it helps, Pamela's Products makes great ginger snapz and so do Trader Joes.

Hope I helped!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

johnsmom Newbie

Midel makes great ginger snapz

i tryed them and had no reaction and i 've had a reaction from the most trace amounts.... i heard 10 ppm is the standard at most places 'cause the new standard is going to be inforeseced soon as 20 ppm . i've hsd s resction from dried shoyu flavor bits being an ing . listed way at the end of the ing. list on a dried seasoning packet you sprinkle on your food like salt.

i think mine had a hair trigger ...like if i was in the ole wild west as a shoot out. it's highly excitable. i could be the test guy here see if mikey eats it... oh......

munkee41182 Explorer

I love Midel Ginger Snaps! I used them for my smores for the 4th!

raen Apprentice

before i knew i was celiac i used to eat Tons of midel ginger snaps

originally i bought the ordinary, and got "mysterious" stomach aches shortly after - then i tried gluten free one day when they were all out.. and was forever more subconsciously drawn to the gluten-free, in fact i was so drawn to them it became one of the main hints i was celiac later on.

to date, i dont react to the gluten-free ginger snaps, never have, and im VERY sensitive.

unless someone else posts having a reaction to them, i wouldnt fret.

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast

I buy the Mi-Del Ginger snaps as well so far I haven't had any problems. They are a little strong tasting for me so I only eat about 1-2 at a time.

That brand also makes Arrowroot Cookies-Animal Cookies and they are REALLY good. The first bag I got I told my husband who doesn't like to try my gluten free foods to try it and I was all excited b/c it tasted like the real thing. He really liked them too and there aren't that many gluten free foods he will say that about ha! :D

Archived