• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

samcarter

Bob's Red Mill gluten-free Pancake Mix

Rate this topic

I was leery of trying a gluten-free pancake mix; I tried one (I think it was Hodgson's Mill) a long time ago, and it was horrible--tasted like beans. Bob's Red Mill has sorghum flour instead, and it is divine. Even the batter tasted good! :) I just cooked a batch to freeze so i can grab a pancake when i'm in a hurry for breakfast, or to take to our favorite restaurant to have instead of their bread.

I am not a big fan of Bobs' we use Pamelas and have been quite happy. The mixing idea is good too. I find the Bob's to be too "heavy" and starchy.

I was leery of trying a gluten-free pancake mix; I tried one (I think it was Hodgson's Mill) a long time ago, and it was horrible--tasted like beans. Bob's Red Mill has sorghum flour instead, and it is divine. Even the batter tasted good! :) I just cooked a batch to freeze so i can grab a pancake when i'm in a hurry for breakfast, or to take to our favorite restaurant to have instead of their bread.

We also use bobs pizza crust, and add a bit of sugar to it. I let mine rise a lot longer, it is great. you can also roll it out, spray with olive oil and herbs and make fuccacia bread

Bob's was the first mix I tried. I didn't like it at all, neither did my family. I recently tried Trader Joe's and it's delicious! I just tried Namaste's mix this morning and it's also delicious. Just a couple more options...=)