Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live2BWell

Feeling Better, Feeling Worse

Today is 9 days Gluten Free, and I have been feeling better - for the most part. BUT, I think I am lacking in nutrients, despite trying to suppliment them.

• My tummy is happier (which makes me happier) but ... I'm not getting enough fiber b/c my food's not, um... moving outward in a timely fashion :lol:

• My skin is also significantly drier, which is annoying (to say the least.) I drink a lot during the day, and while I've never been great on drinking water, I drink sugar free fluids like they're going out of style :rolleyes:
  • I'm still really exhausted, and my sleep has been thrown off kilter moreso than it already was. It's a different kind of exhausted though. Before I was depleted of energy - not necessarily *sleepy,* and now I have the internal energy to get-up-and-go, but my body is sleepy. Does that make any sense?

That's about all I can think of at this moment. Otherwise it's just about establishing a routine, especially when it comes to meal planning :unsure:

Anyone have ideas/tips/experiences for me?

*Jessica*

IgG + IgA + TtG -

Family History of Celiac

See 'about me' for more info

gluten-free Since: 11/02/08

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Today is 9 days Gluten Free, and I have been feeling better - for the most part. BUT, I think I am lacking in nutrients, despite trying to suppliment them.

• My tummy is happier (which makes me happier) but ... I'm not getting enough fiber b/c my food's not, um... moving outward in a timely fashion :lol:

• My skin is also significantly drier, which is annoying (to say the least.) I drink a lot during the day, and while I've never been great on drinking water, I drink sugar free fluids like they're going out of style :rolleyes:
  • I'm still really exhausted, and my sleep has been thrown off kilter moreso than it already was. It's a different kind of exhausted though. Before I was depleted of energy - not necessarily *sleepy,* and now I have the internal energy to get-up-and-go, but my body is sleepy. Does that make any sense?

That's about all I can think of at this moment. Otherwise it's just about establishing a routine, especially when it comes to meal planning :unsure:

Anyone have ideas/tips/experiences for me?

Hey Jessica no tips cause I am in the same boat with you day 5 for me feel better but feel worse just like you said i have all the same things you feel but I also feel like i have all this mucus sitting in my chest that wants to come out but can't yuck could that be from going gluten-free?? if I figure anything else out I will let youknow...

keep smiling

celiac blood test positve 11/10

stool test postive 2009

I always had constipation before going gluten-free. So after I still need a little help to get things moving sometimes. Fiber can help but I have two other tricks that sound odd maybe but work well for me. I never drink caffienated beverages, so a good strong cup of black tea gets things going for me. I use leaf tea, not bags, so can brew it stronger. Also, I suck in my gut several times in a row and sometimes a few sets throughout the day, and kind of squeeze and release, and that works well too.

I meal plan in various ways, for various reasons. It helps me save energy in the kitchen, shop, and maintain some balance in my diet, etc. I have used paper grids posted on the fridge, with the days down and meals across-Breakfast, Lunch,Snack,Dinner. Currently, I have a notepad page on my laptop desktop that I type in possible menus for the next few days. They get changed sometimes. My minimum goal is to have breakfast and my son's and/or my packed lunch planned out for the next day. I plan snacks too-both what and when we'll eat.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies