• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

rmducote

What Dish Soap Do You Use?

Rate this topic

What dish soap is ok? My hubby is breaking out from Dawn. I am assuming we can't use anything with alcohol in it? i need a main brand that i can use. thanks

We just checked with Proctor & Gamble, and the customer service rep said that the company does not have information on whether many of the sourced materials for a lot of P&G's non-food products are gluten-free (gluten-free). So, we are going to stop using Dawn for now.

This is despite the fact that the Soaps, Cosmetics, Personal Care Items, etc." page under the "Free Info Lists" page (http://www.clanthompson.com/res_info_lists.php) at the Clan Thompson's Celiac Site says the following:

"Dawn Dishwashing Detergent: Manufactured by Procter & Gamble. Gluten free: Yes. Vegetarian: Yes. Verified: 10/10/07" How can Thompson say that it is gluten-free when Proctor & Gamble is not willing to commit to that?

If anybody has any information on gluten-free dish soaps ( or any kind of soap for that matter), please provide the source of your information. We all should be looking for attribution to the product manufacturer or very credible, preferably highly reputable not-for-profit, scientific/medical, or government agency, sources. My family is doing it because we have found that a variety of products people claim to be gluten-free are not gluten-free. That has impacted a member of my family to the extent that she has had four transfusions in the last six months because of villi damage-induced anemia.

Thanks, John

does anyone know whether Meijers brand dish soap is gluten free?