Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFqueen17

Lingering Pain Possible?

I have been stictly gluten-free for almost 3 years now. Five days ago I accidentally ate a very small amount of gluten contaminated food and got very sick. However, the pain is still lingering five days later. I'm assuming it's because my intestines were damanged when I ate the gluten and are still healing...is this correct? Has this ever happened to anyone before and does anyone know how long it takes for the pain to go away? (I havent gotten sick in so long so I can not remember.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It can take a week or more to get better, depending on the person. It took me a week last time. Three years is a pretty good long run gluten-free. Congratulations!

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul