Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robink

Celiac, Maybe, Desperate

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Robin - I don't know of any docs in your area (I'm not from there) but I do know that you can get the test done through enterolab.com. :)

Paula

I went to Ochsner Clinic. I talked to Robbie Pitre, who is not a doctor but something else (not a NP, can't write prescriptions, I forgot her title). Someone on here recommended a different doctor also at Oschner, Dr. Khalid Moussa. Ms. Pitre also told me Dr. Moussa is a great doctor.

My experience with Ochsner was mixed. I felt like the staff at the location on Summa (near OLOL) was great. The nurses and staff there are always super helpful, and Ms. Pitre always listened to me and never dismissed my thoughts. My only complaint is that she didn't tell me I needed to eat gluten for my tests to be accurate. Since I have a wheat allergy as well, she said she didn't want me to risk anaphylactic shock, which is a real concern. I just felt like she should have told me in advance so I didn't waste time and money on inconclusive tests.

I had my EGD at the facility on Med. Center Drive (and you will too if you go with Ochsner, it's the only place they do EGDs and colonoscopies). The staff there were not at all nice or helpful. I had one woman scoff when I told her my husband's name, I assume because we didn't have the same last name. And every time I asked a question they got a little annoyed. The doctor doing the EGD was very dismissive, and acted like I definitely didn't have Celiac, and this was a waste of time. I don't remember anything after that, but my husband says he was rude to him, too, afterward.

Overall, I would go back to Ochsner, but I would try to stick to the Summa location if I could.

I live near Baton Rouge, Louisiana and I am looking for a doctor to run the specific tests that diagnose celiac. Can someone please help,

thank you, Robin

Hi Robin,

The Celiac Disease Foundation can help you get started. Good luck

http://www.celiac.org/connections.php#louisiana

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hi Robin - I don't know of any docs in your area (I'm not from there) but I do know that you can get the test done through enterolab.com. :)

Enterolabs can test for specific sensitivites but they cannot diagnose for Celiac Disease.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien