Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmengert

Gf Mascaras?

I've emailed various companies, and I've found that Bare Escentuals mascara is gluten-free, but that is the only definite I can find. I'm in southwestern VA, where I can't find a lot of the more "exotic" brands, so does anyone know any other gluten-free mascaras (or eyeliner, for that matter)? (Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Neutrogena, or any like that)?

Thanks for any info anyone has!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, try ECCO BELLA - toll free (877)696-2220! I get their lipsticks at Whole Foods in Annapolis, and am crazy about their stuff. You can't imagine how relieved I was to find out that their products are (almost) all gluten free - after I found out I had celiac. They were really helpful when I called , and sent a catalog. They list the mascara a having carnauba wax, palmitic acid ( from palm oil), clay, methylparaben, propylpareben, and flower wax iron oxides. Call them and see if that adds up to being gluten free, I think it does. I love their lipsticks. Also I've been told that Mary Kay has gluten free stuff, but I've never used it. Good luck, Dreamhouses

Guest Leidenschaft

Okay, please excuse my ignorance :unsure: I can understand about lip glosses, lip stick, etc, but how likely are you to ingest mascara?? I don't wear make-up more than once a year (not really practical in the dog business!) however we do have a wedding coming up this summer that I should probably dress up for! :lol: Being the maid of honour and all... ;)

I could also see if the guy was celiac, being concerned about kissing his girl on the cheek...

Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks! :)

Guest Leidenschaft

Good point, fotunately I don't seem to be that sensitive, or everytime I feed my dogs, I could get glutinated! :blink: I've worn make-up a couple times since going gluten-free, even my old lipstick now that I think of it... :o and to my recollection, have not reacted.

Thanks for your input! :)

Yesterday I bought some mascara by Loreal "Panoramic Curl", applied it, & by the end of the day my eyes were very irritated. I got all of it off of me, but my eyes were killing me all night long, they felt like sand was in them. Today, my eyes are two big puffy balls. I look terrible. I am glad I tried this stuff out now. I'm trying to find make up to wear to my wedding in June & I can rule this out! Dont know if it contained any gluten, but it's definitely not for the allergic.

Just thought I'd pass that on...

angel