Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lukalovescats

Disney & Rainforest

I'm sure this has been a topic before but had to give Kudos to Disney myself. We just got back from Fl and what a great trip. As my girls stated the best trip ever and they never had to worry about their food. The restaurants on the property were wonderful and the chefs always came out to meet us and gave us plenty of options. I am a veggie and even had options. My favorite was Sci-Fi in Hollywood. They actually had glazed tofu with rice and veggies on the menu. We stayed at Allstar Music and the manager was great. He went out of his way to treat us like queens. My girls loved the chicken fingers and fries. He called a chef over from another resort one evening to fix me stir-fry and is looking into getting wheat-free soy sauce to have on stock for the future. 2 thumbs up to Disney to letting us feel "normal"! :D

Now Rainforest Cafe on the other hand wasn't so great. The chef there was rude and made us feel like we were inconveniencing him. My one daughter had plain chicken and the other plain steak. There wasn't a single vegetarian item on the menu. He suggested I have salmon or shrimp which I had to explain I didn't eat. They gave me a salad minus the chicken and no other options were given. I was very disappointed with the chef's attitude and service, especially for the price of the meal.

If you go to Disney, you'll love it....just avoid Rainforest while there.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Now Rainforest Cafe on the other hand wasn't so great. The chef there was rude and made us feel like we were inconveniencing him. My one daughter had plain chicken and the other plain steak. There wasn't a single vegetarian item on the menu. He suggested I have salmon or shrimp which I had to explain I didn't eat. They gave me a salad minus the chicken and no other options were given. I was very disappointed with the chef's attitude and service, especially for the price of the meal.

I had a similar experience when I went to RFC in Las Vegas. The server had no idea what I could/couldn't eat and after a lot of confusion, sent the chef out. He basically told me there was this or this to eat. Not much variety. And then they brought out my salad with croutons on top, and my salmon with a hunk of bread on the same plate. Very frustrating!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.