Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lpellegr

Roasted Nut Crunch Bars

Today I picked up Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Almond Crunch bars. I miss the Sweet and Salty Nut bars and all their others (oatmeal doesn't work for me), so I gave the shelf a longing glance and noticed these. Ingredients: almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sugar, corn syrup, salt. No CYA "made on shared equipment with wheat" or similar statement. It would sure be nice to have these to carry along when I'm not sure I'll find safe food. I'm going to give them a try. Anybody try them yet? Any info?

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have tried both the Almond one and the Peanut one, didn't have a problem with either one.

The Peanut one I like more just b/c the Almond one for me had too many big chunks of almonds in it. I brought them to work for a snack during the day and the almond one I would feel like little parts of it would get stuck in my throat and I would caugh -- so didn't work out too well since I answer the phone throughout the day.

They are a great snack to have in the car or a bag though :D

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

Today I picked up Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Almond Crunch bars. I miss the Sweet and Salty Nut bars and all their others (oatmeal doesn't work for me), so I gave the shelf a longing glance and noticed these. Ingredients: almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sugar, corn syrup, salt. No CYA "made on shared equipment with wheat" or similar statement. It would sure be nice to have these to carry along when I'm not sure I'll find safe food. I'm going to give them a try. Anybody try them yet? Any info?

I bought them last week. They are very tasty but also very crumbly. Didn't have a gluten reaction with them. I have one in my purse for emergencies.

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone has had a reaction to these bars.

I just started a food diary because I think I've had some cc issues with some processed foods, and these bars are on my questionable list.

I just emailed Nature Valley this month (Dec. 09) to ask if they're made on shared equipment. I got a canned response via email that pretty much said that if the product does not clearly say 'gluten free' on it, then they can't be sure of gluten status because of sourcing or manufacturing.

I had the Almond Nut Crunch bars a lot when I first went gluten-free, but my symptoms weren't fully cleared up enough to know for sure if I reacted. And, like I said, I'm now keeping a diary to track things.

Has anyone reacted to these bars?

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone has had a reaction to these bars.

I just started a food diary because I think I've had some cc issues with some processed foods, and these bars are on my questionable list.

I just emailed Nature Valley this month (Dec. 09) to ask if they're made on shared equipment. I got a canned response via email that pretty much said that if the product does not clearly say 'gluten free' on it, then they can't be sure of gluten status because of sourcing or manufacturing.

I had the Almond Nut Crunch bars a lot when I first went gluten-free, but my symptoms weren't fully cleared up enough to know for sure if I reacted. And, like I said, I'm now keeping a diary to track things.

Has anyone reacted to these bars?

I also would like to know...I'm going on a cruise next weekend, and need some gluten-free goodies to pack along. Might grab a box at the store and try them out myself...

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

I was eating them for a while, but they are so hard to chew. I don't think I had a problem with them. I'm only gluten free for four months, so I still consider myself a "newbie."

But, my dietitian recommended them to me & he also has celiac, so I think they are pretty safe. He told me only the "Nature Valley Almonds Crunch" ones were safe. I'm not sure about the peanut variety.

I hope this helps! ;)

Lisa

Infertility since 1995/Endometriosis

Hasimoto Thyroid disease 1998

Enlarged Abdominal Lymph nodes since 2003 - Stable

Thyroid Hurtle Cell Cancer 2008 Stage 1- Total Thyriodectomy 2008

Anxiety/Depression/Insomnia/Fatigue - Gone with gluten free diet

Acid reflux -LPR 7-2009 - Gone with a Strict gluten free diet

Celiac disease - positive upper endoscopy & Blood Test 9-2009

Undiagnosed celiac for 20 years - Gluten free since 9-13-09

I used to eat these occasionally and had not had a problem with them - it has been a few months, though.

Monica

dx celiac disease- November 1, 2008

dairy/casein free (much to my chagrin) for good- September 1, 2010

I've eaten several boxes of these uneventfully. They are very tasty. I consider them to be a somewhat lighter alternative to a Snickers type candy bar. They are sweet and somewhat messy (crumbly).

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa