Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taweavmo3

Whole Food 365 Rice Milk?

I seem to remember at one time the 365 brand of rice milk was not gluten free. It now says gluten free, so I bought some. Now my dd has been having a ton of meltdowns, and some of my glutened symptoms are coming back.

Does anyone drink this on a regular basis w/out problems??? We've drank both the vanilla and regular, which both said gluten free, but now I'm wondering if it's a case similar to Rice Dream. We all react to that as well, even though it says gluten free.

Thanks for the help!

Tamara, mom to 4 gluten & casein free kiddos!

Age 11 - Psoriasis

Age 8- dx'd Celiac March 2005

Age 6- gluten-free/cf, allergy related seizures

Age 4 - reflux, resolved with gluten-free/cf

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, crap. After doing a google search I found one blog that mentions the vanilla 365 milk is definately not gluten free. I must have grabbed the original, saw gluten free, and just grabbed a vanilla too. At least that explains the huge meltdowns my dd has had this week, lol. Nothing like the stares you get when you have to drag a 6 year old kicking and screaming out of the store. Now I know I can blame the evil gluten, rather than my parenting skills!

I'll just stick with what I know is safe from now on, everytime I try to venture out and try something new, it seems I get into trouble!

Tamara, mom to 4 gluten & casein free kiddos!

Age 11 - Psoriasis

Age 8- dx'd Celiac March 2005

Age 6- gluten-free/cf, allergy related seizures

Age 4 - reflux, resolved with gluten-free/cf