This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Diagnos-tech Results

mushroom

mushroom Proficient

I recently had stool and saliva panels done, and was surprised at the results.

Good news #1 -- no candida

Good news #2 -- no c. difficile, no h. pylori, no parasites

Bad news #1: Positive to soy (okay, knew about that one)

Bad news #2: Positive to casein (knew about the lactose, but now, bye-bye cheese, yogurt :angry: ) Well okay, my naturopath said I could have goat and sheep's cheeses). I really didn't think I was casein sensitive.

Bad news #3: Positive to Albumin (eggs! would never have believed that one)

Bad news #4: Overgrowth of enterococcus and alpha hemolytic streptococcus; poor mucosal lining in small intestine. So both of the above should be in the intestine, but not in such quanties.

Bad news #5: Low output of pancreatic enzymes.

Good/Bad news: Extremely positive to gliadin (and I have been gluten free for 9 mos.) Scale >15 = positive; mine was 100. Since I was self-diagnosed, it is nice to have some confirmation.

So now what?

15-day detoxicification diet; Take Synbiotic intensive to replenish healthy bacteria and reduce pathogenic bacteria; also other probiotics. Basically a vegan diet but she said I could have some fish since I don't do corn or soy. Take Glutenzyme when eating in situations where I have little control; also take V-Zyme at every meal.

I came away with bunches of recipes involving beans, brown rice, almond milk, dressings, hummus, smoothies, quinoa, lentils--some of which I have to modify to substitute for any corn or soy.

So when I get back to New Zealand I am going to be a busy little beaver in the kitchen.

Neroli

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Gentleheart Enthusiast

I've participated on this board for about 3 years now and never hear anything about Diagnos-Tech. They were the ones who first alerted me to my intolerance to gliadin, casein and albumin. From there I went on to be tested by York and finally Enterolab who reported similar results. I have always wondered with the ease of saliva testing, why more people haven't used it to determine these food intolerances. Because I never hear anyone talk about them, I've wondered if they were legitimate or reliable. I'd be interested in knowing how much you know about Diagnos-Tech and their tests. Are they considered pretty reliable for food intolerance testing?

I'm one of those people whose symptoms to gluten intolerance are not classic. And being gluten free, as far as I know, for the last 3 years now hasn't cleared up my general ill health. I can't get any doctor to take me seriously so I gave up on trying that. But I always wonder whether I may have created an entire new difficult lifestyle void of gluten, dairy, eggs and soy based on questionable data. Please tell me some good things about Diagnos-tech and the reliability of their saliva testing for food intolerance to strengthen my resolve. :)

mushroom Proficient

I'm sorry, Gentleheart, I really don't know anything personally about their reliability. The only labs I had heard of were Great Smokies (I had testing with them in the early 90's, now called Genova, I believe) and Enterolab which most on this forum seem to use. I did see Diagnos-Techs mentioned by someone else on the forum, and it is the lab my ND uses, which is how I came there.

I had to provide three stool samples in addition to the two saliva samples, and I'm not too sure from the results sheet which results came from where. I can ask Kemby if you like.

I am still not 100% convinced of the eggs, but certainly the other results seem fairly accurate. i will challenge the eggs and casein part later when I am more healed and my dysbiosis is gone. I had the testing done because I knew there was something else going on beyond the gluten and soy. It seems that if York and Enterolab gave similar results for you then it is probably just as reliable as any other.

Hubby just had saliva testing done through Diagnos-Techs for hormone levels because he thought he was low in testosterone. He came back extremely high in androstenodione. One never knows what will show up.

pele Rookie
I've participated on this board for about 3 years now and never hear anything about Diagnos-Tech. They were the ones who first alerted me to my intolerance to gliadin, casein and albumin. From there I went on to be tested by York and finally Enterolab who reported similar results. I have always wondered with the ease of saliva testing, why more people haven't used it to determine these food intolerances. Because I never hear anyone talk about them, I've wondered if they were legitimate or reliable. I'd be interested in knowing how much you know about Diagnos-Tech and their tests. Are they considered pretty reliable for food intolerance testing?

I'm one of those people whose symptoms to gluten intolerance are not classic. And being gluten free, as far as I know, for the last 3 years now hasn't cleared up my general ill health. I can't get any doctor to take me seriously so I gave up on trying that. But I always wonder whether I may have created an entire new difficult lifestyle void of gluten, dairy, eggs and soy based on questionable data. Please tell me some good things about Diagnos-tech and the reliability of their saliva testing for food intolerance to strengthen my resolve. :)

My Nurse Practitioner uses Diagnos-Tech. I too was skeptical. The NP laughed at me at one point and said everyone who comes to her practice is skeptical of pretty much the entire medical field, having been, shall we say, abused by the system for so long.

Anyway, 6 months after the saliva testing, during which time I hadn't followed her advice, I got pretty sick and ended up in emergency. While recuperating, I did a lot of research and reading and decided that both Diagnos-tech and my NP knew what they were doing and I should listen to them.

I also went to a traditional GI doc who looked at my Diagnos-tech resluts, then did his own homework. He said he found out that the gliadin saliva test is highly reliable, and based on that along with my array of lifelong symptoms and my reaction to a gluten-free diet, he said I "probably" have celiac disease. No blood work, no biopsy.

So, I would use Diagnos-tech again. I assume you have a copy of their full report on you. If not, try to get it.

Gentleheart Enthusiast
My Nurse Practitioner uses Diagnos-Tech. I too was skeptical. The NP laughed at me at one point and said everyone who comes to her practice is skeptical of pretty much the entire medical field, having been, shall we say, abused by the system for so long.

Anyway, 6 months after the saliva testing, during which time I hadn't followed her advice, I got pretty sick and ended up in emergency. While recuperating, I did a lot of research and reading and decided that both Diagnos-tech and my NP knew what they were doing and I should listen to them.

I also went to a traditional GI doc who looked at my Diagnos-tech resluts, then did his own homework. He said he found out that the gliadin saliva test is highly reliable, and based on that along with my array of lifelong symptoms and my reaction to a gluten-free diet, he said I "probably" have celiac disease. No blood work, no biopsy.

So, I would use Diagnos-tech again. I assume you have a copy of their full report on you. If not, try to get it.

Unfortunately, I went through a particular naturopath/chiropractor for my Diagnos Tech test. She was into a lot of what I consider real hocus pocus stuff and I chose not to go that direction. She had little interest in my newly discovered gluten intolerance because she said I could eliminate it and any other food intolerances permanently by tapping in the right places. Diagnos Tech informed me that I could not have my own test. It had to be obtained through a doctor. So I don't know how I would get it. I would sure like to see the whole thing. The chiropractor just let me see part of it.

I can't easily tell whether any of my lab testings are true. My reactions are odd and so delayed that it is nearly impossible to tell what specifically made me sick. It might be days before I fully react to something. I just follow my strict diet because of what it might be doing to me inside when I don't. The tests are the only thing I have to go by. That's why it is so important for me to have confidence in the lab and in their technology. It dictates how I live.

happygirl Collaborator

All doctors are required by law to give patients a copy of their records, including lab testing.

Write or call your doctor and request what information you would like. They may charge you for copies, which they are allowed to do. You are always entitled to your copies and results.

Archived