Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are you referring to the type of hot dog known as red hot dogs, or a specific brand? These things vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and its important to contact each one separately. I know that some Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs are gluten-free as are Applegate Farms. I'm sure other people can chime in on gluten-free hot dog brands.

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

While I cannot guarantee that every hot dog in the world is gluten-free, the only one I've found that has gluten in 7 years is Nathan's. And it very clearly lists wheat. This includes some really cheap and really red ones.

richard

I don't really know what a red hot dog is but reading the title kind of grossed me out. Haha. We usually get Hebrew National and lovee them. Just adding an opinion. =)

symptoms-october 5th, 2007

negative endoscopy and colonoscopy-december 2007

positive bloodwork-january 2008

diagnosed celiac-january 8, 2008

"At the end of the day, the fact that we're still here is reason enough to celebrate."

I don't really know what a red hot dog is but reading the title kind of grossed me out. Haha. We usually get Hebrew National and lovee them. Just adding an opinion. =)

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE NEVER HAD A RED HOT DOG!! IS THAT JUST A MAINE THING OR WHAT? WE (USED TO) EAT THEM ALL THE TIME!

i'm not sure about this specific brand. however, i do recommend eating it with some type of bread or roll. I don't know if you've ever eaten a hot dog by itself (since the age of five), but hot dogs with no bun make my stomach CHURN.

gluten free since 05/04

Well in RI they're called hot weiners...they're smaller than regular hot dogs....but put all meat, onions and celery salt as wella s mustard!!! man oh man....

Ok...stop talking about those now :angry:

Jami

Well in RI they're called hot weiners...they're smaller than regular hot dogs....but put all meat, onions and celery salt as wella s mustard!!! man oh man....

Ok...stop talking about those now :angry:

SO IN RI CAN YOU EAT "HOT WEINERS" ? YOU PUT CELERY SALT ON THEM??? <_<

No I haven't even attempted to eat them yet..... :( Just reminicing of the old days. The meat sauce probably isn't close to being gluten-free at all! Plus the mustard they use to put on the dogs is so contaminated it's not even funny.

These red hot dogs, can you only get them from a vendor/shop? I would say if you can get them in the store, read the lable, contact the company and ask them. If they come from a street vendor/shop stay away from them. The cross contamination is what kills me! I use to not be sensitive...but now if I eat something that I shouldn't (like buffalo wings, that are jsut fried in the same fryer as other breaded stuff) i look like i'm 6 months pregnant.

Hope you can eat them!

Jami

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE NEVER HAD A RED HOT DOG!! IS THAT JUST A MAINE THING OR WHAT? WE (USED TO) EAT THEM ALL THE TIME!

LOLOLOL IM FROM MAINE!!! WE LOVE RED HOT DOGS!! MY SON EATS THEM......HE HASNT HAD A REACTION FROM THEM.HE EATS THE ALOT TOO..........TAMMY

In Love & Light, Tam

My adorable 6y.o. son was DX

w/ celiac 6/12/08