Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good multi-vitamin? My GI and doc have said nothing, nor advised on additional appointments or tests, even though my levels were through the roof. I have been trying to get a referral to another doc, but with no luck as the hospital system does not have any docs with experience treating Celiac patients. I cannot wait until January when I can change my insurance to a PPO.......

I lost 20+ pounds before I was diagnosed in a short period of time, so I know I was not absorbing nutrients, and I want to help my body get healty, so your advice is welcome!

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I take Nature Made Multi Complete. It is gluten free (says on the label).

Good Luck -- hope things get worked out with your insurance/dr situation

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

I too, take Nature Made multi's. There are many vitamin companies that list the gluten status on their bottles now. You can also order from Lame Advertisement.com, they tell if the product is gluten free, I use Country Life vitamins from Lame Advertisement, some CVS vitamins are gluten free: type "gluten free vitamins" in your browser and see what you find!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Even though they are Children's vitamins, I take Yummi Bears multi-vitamin and mineral. They taste good, and they don't upset my tummy. http://www.yummibears.com/products.php

Oh, one more thought. When I was first diagnosed, I had lost about 12 pounds and had trouble eating anything. All the vitamins I tried back then made me my stomach hurt. Basically, I was always nauseated. I used to drink an Ensure daily, to help keep my weight up and get some extra vitamins. It was a little easier on my stomach, and it really helped while my body was healing. Good luck - I hope you feel better soon.

Karen

gluten-free since March 05

When I visited my pharmacy I found i had been preceded by another Celiac who had prompted the pharmacist to do his research on gluten. Of the whole wall of vitamins the only ones he was able to verify as gluten-free was:

Jamieson Calcium Citrate

Jamieson Regular Vita-Vim

The take home message that I got from that exercise that any pill I might be offered in the future was very likely to contain gluten.

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good multi-vitamin?

Thanks!

most things by "Rainbow light" vitamins are contain NO GLUTEN, and are available at whole foods...

-Diagnosed Celiac 2002/ Gluten free ever since.

-Diagnosed Osteopenia Oct. 2008. (from DXA scan)

-Diagnosed S.I.B.O. March 2009 (Hydrogen Breath Test) Xifaxan worked-

-S.I.B.O. Symptoms return-June 2010