Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rainbowgoddess

Overwhelmed And Scared

I have had diegestive problems for a long time, I really began to notice it a few years ago when I noticed that I had very foul oderous gas, constipation/ and or D. For a while I was having trouble keeping any food down so my gall bladder was removed. The most recent issues I am having are....

Diagnosed with UTI- July 2007

Diagnosed with colitis - July 2008

Diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia-July 2008

Diagnosed with enlarged spleen-August 2008

Frequent Lengthy Migraines

fatigue

muscle cramps

lactose intolerance

cinnamon oil allergy

laytex allergy

morphine allergy

walnut allergy

I have had many blood tests, ct scans, they have ruled out Mono, Liver conditions, and Leukemia among many others

Dr explained to me that my mcv is 69 acceptable is 80-99

He has referred me to a hematologist, no colonoscopy or Endoscopy

Any suggestions?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, :)

First suggestion------ Don't be scared---- only makes EVERYTHING worse.

Second suggestion----- to help with feeling overwhelmed----- Let this be your mantra :) " I will take one day at a time " , then pursue every avenue to wellness, but understand that it may take a while to sort everything out.

Do go ahead and see the hematologist that your doctor recommended and discuss with him your concerns about possible Celiac disease-----

ask him if it would be beneficial to have the Celiac panel done for your peace of mind ----

You may want to read "Celiac Disease, a Hidden Epidemic" by Dr. Peter Green----

Hang in there----- Hope you are feeling better soon.

CeeCee

Allergic to: wheat, peanuts and Penicillin

1995 severe anaphylactic reaction to Wheat

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently"--- Henry Ford

My migraines are gone gluten free....there is light at the end of the tunnel. You should get tested for Celiac. Find a doctor who will do a complete Celiac panel.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Call your doctor Monday morning and ask to speak to a nurse. When you get the nurse on the phone tell her that you would like to pick up or have faxed a lab slip for a complete celiac panel. You should not need to wait for another appointment to do this. If your regular doctor refuses, which I don't think they will, call the hemo's office and ask for them to call in the request. During the same call tell them you want to be sent the A COPY of the lab results when they come in. Don't rely on just the blood test though. There are too many false negative for you to take a negative result and think okay then I am definately not celiac.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)