Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sister golden hair

Surprised!

:o I thought I had been diagnosed with celiac back in dec. of 07. I wondered why when I would go to the doctors RN. for my check ups, ( also had other problems ) she would say, so have you been diagnosed with celiac. I thought that was a little wierd. I asked her if she could write me a letter to my insurance co. to see if I could help with groceries, as our company will do that sometimes. When I received my letter from her , it said i was suspected of celiac disease and tested positive for the following blood tests, HLA-DQB1 DQ2 DNA. Does anyone know if that means it is just an intolerance? Thanks , sister golden hair

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That was a genetic test which does not diagnose Celiac. It is possible your Doctor would dx with symptoms and genetic testing, but that would be unusual. Most doctors will run antibody blood tests:

tTG-IgA or tissue transglutaminase-IgA

AGA-IgG or Antigliadin IgG

AGA-IgA or Antigliadin IGA

Total IGA

And then depending on the results of these, a doctor usually orders an endoscopy.

Did you have any of these tested?

Did you have symptoms? Did you go gluten free? Did symptoms resolve?

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!