Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sparkles

Gluten Free Foods At Mn State Fair

I am going to the MN State Fair on Thurs. I have avoided it several years and am now ready to face "everything on a stick...." I am not sure if other state fairs offer as much food on a stick as the MN Fair but it is rather interesting. Anyway, we used to eat our way through the fair... part of the fun of going.... BUT being gluten-free, I am wondering what is available that is gluten-free. It doesn't have to be on a stick... just GOOD Fair Food. Any suggestions???? I am not sure that watermelon on a stick counts!

I was just thinking of this myself....I have decided not to go and torture myself and my 8 year old daughter who was just diagnosed. I think I will die if I see a corn dog.

Here is what I was considering to be safe. You will have to make sure and ask questions and possibly read ingredients if they have anything for you to look at.

foot long with no bun, onions.

roast corn

pickle on a stick (yuck)

French fries - the fresh cut ones that is all they have at that stand so no cc

apple with Carmel

milk shake

ice cream

lemonade

pork chop

those Aussie potato things, I am not exactly sure whats on them but they look delish

pop corn

snow cone

Have fun and let me know how it was!

Wendy

foot long with no bun, onions.

roast corn

pickle on a stick (yuck)

French fries - the fresh cut ones that is all they have at that stand so no cc

apple with Carmel

milk shake

ice cream

lemonade

pork chop

those Aussie potato things, I am not exactly sure whats on them but they look delish

pop corn

snow cone

My concerns would be the foot longs are in the same stand as the buns, probably crumbs get on the grill. Were the fries made in a frier that previously fried gluten stuff? I don't know, the state fair makes me nervous. I believe Northland Celiac group has a booth with a list of gluten-free foods. I'm pretty sure I printed one from the internet a year or two ago but can't find it now. But I look at the list, and I don't see how I wouldn't get CCed. The only things I'd get would be milk or the roast corn. I bring my own food :)

WOW!! You are sooooo fortunate! Took my kiddo's to the fair here and there was pretty much nothing they could eat. All the "safe" food-ie corn on the cob-was all on the same grill as everything else. Even the soft serve place couldn't tell me if their ice cream was gluten-free and they had no ingredient lists in the kitchen <_< Luckily, I packed a huge backpack full of meals and snacks so they didn't starve...