Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruelshoes

gluten-free Pizza At Washington State Garlic Jim's

Received this in my email today. It's a little too far away for our family, but I thought it might help someone else. Who knows - maybe we will make the trek up north to try it. The draw of pizza that I didn't have to make is pretty powerful. :lol:

GARLIC JIM

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well I just got back from Garlic Jims in Redmond. I thought the tasting was today (woops) it's tommorow. Turns out they had gluten-free pizza available. That pizza is great!! I am going back tommorow for a free sample! The only drawback I could see was that it was expensive. But after being gluten-free for a couple of years now I am getting used to paying more for things. Anyway overall highly recommend this!! :P

Vancouver too at the Salmon Creek location. It's a nice treat for us and I think it's less expensive than Smokey's pizza (also has gluten-free pizza)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

There is a Garlic Jim's near us. I'm kind of afraid to try it, but I am really missing pizza... a lot. I could make my own but sometimes you're just TIRED of cooking, ya know?

Diagnosed Celiac in June 2008 by biopsy and blood tests.

DQ2.2 (HLA DQA1*0201:DQB1*0202) and DQ2.5trans (HLA DQA1*05) positive.