• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

sickchick

Mango, Shrimp & Coconut Springrolls

Rate this topic

Gluten Soy Dairy & Nightshade Free

1 tb sesame oil

1 tb lime juice

10 spigs fresh cilantro, minced

4 tb sweetened coconut

1 mango, seeded, peeled and chopped

1 can baby corn, cut into chunks

1/2 cup pea pods

1 cup baby shrimp

1 fresh garlic clove, minced

1 ts fresh grated ginger

kosher or sea salt to taste

8 spring roll wrappers (rice or tapioca-up to you)

In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients, stir well. Set aside

Turn on tap (water) to warm temp and let run, and use your favorite cutting board to assemble rolls. Hold 1 wrap under running water, making sure you get front and back, hold under for about 30 seconds, until it starts to soften, then place flat on cutting board surface. Spoon filling across middle about 2 inches thick, then wrap sides over, bottom up and fold over.

Repeat.

Serves 4. :)

lovelove

These sound insane! I am nuts for spring rolls. I usually make the Vietnamese kind with vermicelli noodles inside.

I will try this, but leave out the corn and sub basil and mint from my garden for the (yuk!) cilantro. Maybe I'll even whip up some peanut sauce for dipping.

Gluten Soy Dairy & Nightshade Free

1 tb sesame oil

1 tb lime juice

10 spigs fresh cilantro, minced

4 tb sweetened coconut

1 mango, seeded, peeled and chopped

1 can baby corn, cut into chunks

1/2 cup pea pods

1 cup baby shrimp

1 fresh garlic clove, minced

1 ts fresh grated ginger

kosher or sea salt to taste

8 spring roll wrappers (rice or tapioca-up to you)

In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients, stir well. Set aside

Turn on tap (water) to warm temp and let run, and use your favorite cutting board to assemble rolls. Hold 1 wrap under running water, making sure you get front and back, hold under for about 30 seconds, until it starts to soften, then place flat on cutting board surface. Spoon filling across middle about 2 inches thick, then wrap sides over, bottom up and fold over.

Repeat.

Serves 4. :)

lovelove

These sound great! Do you buy The spring roll wrappers or do you make them? And my next question would be where do you buy them?/ Or How do you make them?

Asian markets. I have found rice, tapioca and a combination of both wrappers there. Be careful not to get one with wheat added.

Sounds so good...mmm. I've got to get to the Asian Market (never been) to find those wrappers and such.

http://celiaccollette.blogspot.com/2008/08...night-thai.html

here's a pic! B)

I get my wrappers @ asian market sometimes grocery.

I have Banh Trang brand here that I am using... it's about 8" across.

good luck! :):):)

I have Banh Trang brand here that I am using... it's about 8" across.

I know I'm well behind the 8-ball, here, but I thought I'd mention - Banh Trang is Vietnamese for rice paper; it's not a brand. I would guess that there would be many brands, therefore, that say that. The ones I picked up this morning say BANH TRANG across the top, and Double Parrot (the brand name, I think) over on the left side. I've been checking archives this morning to make sure they're safe. :-)

those sound sooo good!! i am a sucker for spring rolls.

what would we do without you collette? i have searched your recipes many times!!

I know I'm well behind the 8-ball, here, but I thought I'd mention - Banh Trang is Vietnamese for rice paper; it's not a brand. I would guess that there would be many brands, therefore, that say that. The ones I picked up this morning say BANH TRANG across the top, and Double Parrot (the brand name, I think) over on the left side. I've been checking archives this morning to make sure they're safe. :-)

Did you find these in a large chain store or a specialtystore?

You betcha Beverly! B)

thank you, thank you a nd thank you again everybody :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 18, 2019 Until May 19, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• May 22, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com