This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Picked Up Some Neem, Will Let You Know How It Goes.

Pyro

Pyro Enthusiast

I picked up this kind:

Open Original Shared Link

And will follow the directions: take 2 three times a day.

Another forum member claimed this STOPPED her bloating. With bloating ruining a majority of my days, I'm really hoping for something to work. Since the dose is so high, my bottle should run out in about 2 weeks (100/6 is 16 days) and will have something to say by then.

BTW I was also taking revitalx and while it's okay, I don't know if I will buy it again. Though it makes me wonder if I was wasting it all this time because I was taking it in soy milk. I don't think I have problems with soy, but if my stomach is still mildy uncomfortable right now who knows. This game is such a pain, isn't it? We'll see in the next couple of days because my soy milk ran out and I picked up some almond milk instead. This time from Pacific instead of Almond Breeze because that brand brings back awful memories. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

It was me. :)

I used a different brand and do not know if that would make a difference. I wouldnt think so.

Note....I would start out slowly. One pill on day one. 2 on day two and so on. There was a little war raging inside for a few days with me. Bloating was a tiny bit worse for about a week and then it went away.

It is an anti-microbial so you could have die-off. It is supposed to kill parasiates as well. Maybe start on a Friday after work. ;)

Also, I was/am taking probiotics at the same time to replace what gets killed.

Good luck!!

Pyro Enthusiast

I still am taking RevitalX and will have some probiotics over the next couple of days, so I'm not worried about that.

I looked up the other things in your signature and am not really interested after reading into them besides Intestive and Pepsin GI. Though I would need to order those online if I wanted them. I think I'll see how this neem goes first.

ShayFL Enthusiast

I always share, but point out that this is my experience only. You may in fact have a very different one. And if you try what I did, it is because you did your own research and are being responsible with your own health. I make you no promises that it will work for you. Goodness knows that over the years I have tried things that worked for others, but not me. But I am pulling for you. :)

purple Community Regular

I am interested too. My sister needs some Neem. She has terrible breath and sometimes a yeast infection but not very often. Plz keep us informed...thanks.

Pyro Enthusiast

Well for the past two days I've been feeling awful. Weak, emotional and sickly. Last night it was hard to sleep because of stomach pains which carried onto today. But then just now I had a large amount of D (sorry for the detail..) which is either a good thing or a bad thing. I chalk up the cause to these possibilities:

Splenda. Even though I am cutting it out, I wanted to try redline energy drink before going to the gym today. I don't think it was the culprit, though.

SaCo cocoa powder. There is no info on the site or package if it's completely dairy free or not. I ate this stuff around the same time I started the neem. But now it's gone. I gave it away because it's unbearable to have things I'm not sure of laying around.

Pacific Almond Milk. Sometimes I suspect carageenean or whatever to cause stomach problems, but it never did this. Either way it's gone too. I drank the rest of it because it actually tastes good unlike Almond Breeze.

The neem itself. There is a possibility my moodiness and sickness can be caused by dying baddies in my intestines. We'll see!

Psyllium husk. Since getting enough fiber has been difficult lately I've picked this stuff up. It never really gave me problems in the past. In the last couple of days this has been the source of most of my fiber because I'm not up to eating a ton of veggies and I can't get back to eating the cheap flax I eat at winco.

Pyro Enthusiast

I've been having non stop D since I posted about it which is either a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, it's kind of relieving for a chronic C sufferer, but on the other it's absolutely revolting and embarassing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

I mentioned there was a war raging in me for about a week. Then it calmed down and at about 2 weeks the bloat went away. Believe me, it is hard to "ride it out".

Make sure you are drinking tons of water so you dont get dehydrated. You can also cut back on the amount you are taking so die off isnt as severe.

Did you start with one cap? Or did you just "go for it"?

Pyro Enthusiast
I mentioned there was a war raging in me for about a week. Then it calmed down and at about 2 weeks the bloat went away. Believe me, it is hard to "ride it out".

Make sure you are drinking tons of water so you dont get dehydrated. You can also cut back on the amount you are taking so die off isnt as severe.

Did you start with one cap? Or did you just "go for it"?

Oh so you meant this kind of war... lol

I just went for it. I figure if any pain is going to come of this I'm facing that damn beast head on.

Pyro Enthusiast

For the last couple of days I've been a mixture of fine, and weak. Then later in the evening I get really bad acid reflux.

I've been going but kind of weakly. Right now I have C and it hurts my abdomen. BTW I've been going to work through all of this. Much better IMO because I get to be miserable at work rather than on my weekend. Hey, it already sucks being at work, what's a little more right? :lol:

ShayFL Enthusiast

You might try adding a few ounces of George's Aloe Vera (it is the only one that doesnt taste bad...tastes like water). This should help with the C and it heals the intestines.

It sounds like you are making some headway though.

I dont think the Neem killed off ALL of the bad guys in me, but def. the ones making me bloat all of the time.

I have moved on to Grapefruit Seed Extract and it brought the bloat back a little, so I am killing off the next tier. The probiotics are helping a lot here. No bloat today, so I think I have won this "battle" as well. Next is a round of Oregano Oil.

I really am feeling quite good lately.

Yesterday, I got groceries, cleaned the entire house and washed the two dogs. And I was tired at night.....but fine. Couldnt have done this before.

Also my eyebrows and lashes are fuller. :) I know this isnt a major thing.....but I will take it. It shows I am healing.

Have not had undigested food in my potty for a good 2 weeks. This IS MAJOR!!

Just going gluten-free was not the entire answer for me. But I now know I am on the right track.

Godspeed.......

Pyro Enthusiast

Still going strong. Called off work today because of the pain.

Then later I ate my one leftover probiotic soy yogurt which got me onto a sugar rush. Couldn't really help myself (well I could. I'm pretty disappointed in myself but I understand) because I haven't been eating much at all lately. I ate a bunch of gluten free cereal (arrowhead buckwheat flakes and soy milk) and am now in excruciating pain.

Have I screwed myself over? I've been fading in and out of conciousness with this pain. it hurts so much.

purple Community Regular

I am sooo sorry about how you feel...I wish it would go away for you.

ShayFL Enthusiast

Oh the binge....so sorry you are feeling so poorly.

I cautioned to go slowly with the Neem. The good news is you can cut back at ANYTIME.

Why not give your body a break with the battle and cut back on the capsules??

It will still work, but just take a little longer and you wont have as much die-off.....

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I know nothing about the neem --I just wanted to suggest that you cut out all processed foods (this would include things like cocoa powder, energy drinks, yogurts, and supplements except possibly the neem, which I really don't know about).

I would also cut out all gluten-free substitutes, like buckwheat flakes, and all dairy substitutes (like soy milk). The gluten-free substitutes gave many of us intestinal problems until our gluten-damaged intestines totally healed, and many celiacs seem to be also sensitive to soy.

I would stick to a very basic diet of brown rice, baked potatoes (if you are not sensitive to potatoes), fresh veggies, fresh fruits (if it's not too much sugar for you right now), and broiled chicken, meats, and fish (make sure to stay away from mercury-heavy kinds like tuna and swordfish). I'd try to go light on the carbs, but not carb-free. And I'd try some healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, and avocados. (For salads, MAKE YOUR OWN DRESSING!)

You might also pm rachel_24--she is the resident expert on extra-celiac obstacles.

Good luck--I hope my ignorance of the neem thing doesn't mean that my suggestions are totally off the mark! (But they might be...)

ShayFL Enthusiast

You are giving good general advice Fiddle-Faddle. :)

Those buckwheat flakes and soy products likely did you no favors. :blink:

Pyro Enthusiast

Yeah, I know. I will never do that again.

I've been substitute free and all natural in the past. Just need to find something good for a refeed. If I can't eat a whole bunch of sugar, I'm cutting out all grains, and all substitutes what will I eat that's heavy in carbs that aren't just fructose? I think even rice bothers me, but not sure. Pretty sure potatoes do. btw the refeeds are to refill glycogen.

ShayFL Enthusiast

I am not eating any grains right now, nightshades or sugar.

I eat sweet potatoes, acorn squash, spaghetti squash, butternut squash when I want carbs. Oh and plantains (baked).

I also eat fruit.

I do not feel deprived in anyway and in fact have ZERO interest in grains right now. Dont crave. Dont want.

Pyro Enthusiast

Something may be working.

My stomach no longer feels like it's on fire and my bloating is like 30% gone. I can actually kind of suck my stomach in where it is supposed to be. Kind of. But it's better than the permanent ballooning I was dealing with earlier.

In other news my face has gone really puffy! What the hell? I look like a huge dumbass! Oh well, by now I've learned to laugh it off and move on. Especially when it's not permanent. But gee, did my body really need to retain all that water (if it's that) just in my face? Ugh...

btw I'm having just roast chicken today. No fiber. At least for the first 6 or 8 hours to see what happens. See if I feel different. Especially because I won't be using my cooking spray which includes soy lechitin.

ShayFL Enthusiast

Sorry about your face. :( But glad to hear you have had some improvement on the bloating. :)

Maybe if enough people have success with Neem for bloating......we are on to something!!

I moved on to GSE for now. I am going to rotate by "killers"........6 week cycles I figure.

Pyro Enthusiast

The bloating is back full swing and all I've eaten today was roast chicken. What a crappy weekend. I ordered some acidophilus pearls and will take them as soon as they come in the mail. Hopefully one of the damn things will start to work.

Pyro Enthusiast

I feel a lot better today. The bloating is very minor, and my intestines impressed me as soon as I woke up.

ShayFL Enthusiast

I think up and down is normal. The probiotics do help.

I am now on GSE. First few days I had some very minor die-off....but now it is fine. Still no bloating for me. I believe the Neem killed off whatever it was bloating me. Im just using a few other things to "seal the deal". :)

Pyro Enthusiast

I'm almost done with my bottle.

My stomach still gets bloated, but it feels a lot better (less burning and pain. Though it could be because of the ginger and acidophilus which I started supplementing about 4 days ago). Right now it's pretty bloated, but that's to be expected (but maybe not). Last night I had two pints of ice cream, figs, and bananas for a refeed. Definitely a good choice. I no longer feel weak and listless like I was for the last couple of days and my legs are no longer desperately empty of glycogen. My C hasn't really let up and was pretty bad for the last few days. This morning I had some serious D, but not much consdiering all the food I ate and all the food from the last few days that hasn't really gone through. Oh well.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Are you roasting your own chicken or are you buying pre-roasted chicken, or roast chicken from a deli, or rotisserie chicken?

The rotisserie kind id often soaked in gluteny soy sauce. Sam's Club rotisserie, for example, used to be gluten-free, but they switched suppliers and now it has gluten.

Some people are sensitive to chicken, too. My dad used to react to turkey, for some reason.

You might try Kosher chicken, too, or organic.

Good luck!

Archived