This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Newbie, What Tests Should I Do, Entero Labs Or Optimum?

dizzygrinch

dizzygrinch Enthusiast

First I would like to say hello to everyone, I am a new member, and hoping this site may be able to help with some issues. My first question is, should I go with Entero Labs stool testing for Celiac, or, I found OptimumHealthResource has a home blood test for celiac. I found them through a website, and also the Southern Arizona Celiac Support website mentioned them as well, but I dont know of anyone with experience. The reason why Im considering these tests, is like everyone on these boards, I think Im gluten intolerant. I have had "IBS" for over 20 years, and my last colonoscopy and endoscopy, last year, my GI doc noticed "flat spots", but never explained what that was. I have also been diagnosed with "unspecific rhumotoid arthritis", and GERD, the list goes on. So, I came across info regarding the possibility of celiac disease, but I am uninsured, so I am wanting to do some tests, that I would have to pay for out of my own pocket. Any advice? thanks for your help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dizzygrinch Enthusiast

Also, forgot to add, I am Vitamin D deficiant, and have a lung nodule, but not one doc can tell me why. Could the vitamin D, be because of celiac?

Lisa Mentor
Also, forgot to add, I am Vitamin D deficiant, and have a lung nodule, but not one doc can tell me why. Could the vitamin D, be because of celiac?

Celiac Disease has over 200 symptoms and deficiencies plays a big role. Enterolabs cannot diagnose Celiac, but the can tell you if you have sensitivities to certain foods. I have not used them, so I don't recommend them.

I would request the pathology report from your colon and endoscopy. Many people here can help you interpret them.

These are the test that should be ordered for Celiac:

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgA and IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level.

And welcome!

dizzygrinch Enthusiast

Hi! well, my pathology reports states that there were biopsys done, and they read like this: No pathological alteration. Negative for colitis. It also states that there is "somewhat flattened mucosa was seen within the TI. Dont know what that means. To sum it up, it states I have diverticulosis, significant bile in the stomach, but basically says other than the exam was "Tortuous" I guess Im normal. I do have what he said was evidenc of old, healed peptic ulcer disease. Anyway, all I know is I still feel sick all the time. I came across the site that does this testing:

cdSCAN IgA/IgG/IgM Tissue Transglutaminase

(tTG) and Gliadin Intolerance Rapid Test Kit

that is a home test from optimumhealthresource.com

Is this the correct testing I would need to request? Sorry for all the questions, Im just so sick of being sick!! thank you!

MLB Apprentice

I was debating between these two companies a few months ago (although I was looking into the 96 food allergy blood test at Optimum) and I went with Enterolab because I looked them up on the Better Business Bureau and Optimum got a grade "F" and has 85 complaints against it. I'm really happy with what I got from Enterolab.

ShayFL Enthusiast

I was satisfied with Enterolab as well. But I did a Celiac panel thru Labcorp too.

Archived