Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carriefaith

Digestive Enzymes

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I take Acidophelous (sp?). I have been taking it awhile so I don't remember what it was like first taking it.

It's a probiotic.

I take digestive enzymes and acidophelus(probiotics) both by enzymatic therapy. All of their supplements list what they are free of which makes things easier but there are alot of other good brands out there as well. :D

Yes, I'm taking ENZYMES and having good results. I am unable to eat dairy products, so I haven't tried the acidophelus (how ever its spelled) type.

I'm taking INFLAM-A-WAY from the company PREMIER LABS. The label says "HI-Potency ENZYME Formula Clinically Tested." I get it from the doc it is very expensive $$$$ 40.00 a bottle of 180 tablets. The doc has me taking 18 pills, 6 pills - 3X times a day. It's about $130.00 a month? I did it for a couple of weeks now, I've cut myself back to about 6 a day. Only because I can't afford them. I was able to find them online a little cheaper.

I don't know if this is perfect for what we have, when I looked up on the labs web site it looks like this is for people with arthritis or physical swelling and pain. I don't have any of those things since I took myself off HRT 4-years ago. I called the doc back and quizzed him on it. He said it will work for Celiac but that the manufacturer labels for the top selling ailment. I HAVE noticed a difference.

The doc also gave me (oral) IMMUNOGLOBULIN THERAPY. It tastes like drinking soap, but if I feel better, I can get past the taste. He told me this is something that AIDS patients take and mix in their cocktails. I drink a tablespoon 6 times a day in any type of drink. I mix it with water. It costs $30.00 for a half a months supply.

I have been getting good results so far.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE SUPPLEMENT FACTS ON THE LABELS JUST E-MAIL ME AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU OR POST IT ON THIS FORUM.

Good Luck and stay healthy! :)

Yes, I take Essential Enzymes by Source Naturals, about 2 with every meal except breakfast which is usually light. Then I also take a probiotic that has multiple strains, Metagenics Ultra Flora Plus DF (means dairy free), plus I make my own homemade kefir out of rice or almond milk so it is DF as well. I swear by all of it. I also take a soluble fiber supplement before meals for the IBS. It stabilizes both diarrhea or constipation and act as a buffer for food so it doesn't trigger spasms.

Kandee

I take Wobenzyme N.

Hugs, Stef