Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casnco

Gluten Free Baking

Does anyone on this site subscribe to the "gluten free baking" website? There is a $34.99 membership fee. Just wondering if it is worth the money?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone on this site subscribe to the "gluten free baking" website? There is a $34.99 membership fee. Just wondering if it is worth the money?

I've actually never heard of it.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

hmm me either... B):huh::lol:

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

I'm new to posting on this forum, I have been reading quite a bit though.

I've been signed up for the gluten free baking website and I have to say for me it was well worth it. I have found the Tom Sawyer baking flour and also came across the Better Batter flour which I haven't tried yet. The tom sawyer flour so far has been a great substitute for regular flour. I have only tried a choc. chip cookie square so far with it and that turned out really good.

That being said, I still use her recipes. I started with the free cookie recipe before signing up and it was an awesome replacement. I have since learned a few tricks about cooking with gluten free flours. According to her website, she doesn't use a special mix because breads, cookies and cakes, etc. require different flours in different amounts.

She has many categories of recipes including bread, quick bread, cake, cookies, breakfasts, etc. I know if you have a recipe you've tried to recreate gluten free, you can send her the original recipe and she will try to duplicate it. sometimes it may take a while to duplicate recipes, but it could be well worth it if you miss something foodwise. She is a culinary chef-and I think it is her hubby who has celiac-not her, so she can make the recipe using normal wheat ingredients, then makes it gluten free also so she knows it tastes the same.

just my 2 cents worth, but i would definately renew my subscription when it runs out.

Heather

I'm new to posting on this forum, I have been reading quite a bit though.

I've been signed up for the gluten free baking website and I have to say for me it was well worth it. I have found the Tom Sawyer baking flour and also came across the Better Batter flour which I haven't tried yet. The tom sawyer flour so far has been a great substitute for regular flour. I have only tried a choc. chip cookie square so far with it and that turned out really good.

That being said, I still use her recipes. I started with the free cookie recipe before signing up and it was an awesome replacement. I have since learned a few tricks about cooking with gluten free flours. According to her website, she doesn't use a special mix because breads, cookies and cakes, etc. require different flours in different amounts.

She has many categories of recipes including bread, quick bread, cake, cookies, breakfasts, etc. I know if you have a recipe you've tried to recreate gluten free, you can send her the original recipe and she will try to duplicate it. sometimes it may take a while to duplicate recipes, but it could be well worth it if you miss something foodwise. She is a culinary chef-and I think it is her hubby who has celiac-not her, so she can make the recipe using normal wheat ingredients, then makes it gluten free also so she knows it tastes the same.

just my 2 cents worth, but i would definately renew my subscription when it runs out.

Heather

Hey Heather, welcome to the site. I have learned so much here. Hope you do also. Thanks for your input. I am still not sure if I want to spend the money. Have you ended up with a lot of spam once you joined her site?