Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Need An Allergen Free Birthday Cake Recipe

I wanted to add that last night I let Annika have a few dairy/gluten free chocolate chips and no reaction thus far. I will give her a few more today and see what happens. I'm thinking that I may just make her sweet potato with brown sugar and color it with cocoa so that it looks like chocolate cake for pictures. Then I'll just whip up some frosting with homemade powdered sugar I guess. Then I can be sure that she doesn't have a reaction on her birthday. I will, however, be trying some of these recipes down the road. They look so delicious!

I have a cousin with egg, nut, and dairy allergies, and for her birthday, we always did a sorbet cake. I think we got it premade, but I'm sure you could make your own if you softened sorbet in a cake pan, froze it, and decorated it!

I have a cousin with egg, nut, and dairy allergies, and for her birthday, we always did a sorbet cake. I think we got it premade, but I'm sure you could make your own if you softened sorbet in a cake pan, froze it, and decorated it!

Good call! Pineapple sorbet cake with coconut frosting....... oh boy.

I wanted to add that Annika is two days into a soy challenge and doing GREAT. No reaction thus far. Before her reaction to soy was immediate, so it looks promising at this point. :) This means that I will likely be able to make her a REAL cake with soy flour (if I can find it).

I DID IT!!! I managed to make cupcakes that are gluten/casein/soy/corn/rice/egg/nut/apple FREE!!! They're moist and delicious and I can hardly believe it! I had to make my own powdered sugar for the icing which didn't get as finely ground as I would've liked, but it was still very good. I can't wait for Annika to try them. Now I'm just praying she doesn't react to sorghum or tapioca. She's never had either before that I know of.

You should be very proud of yourself! B)

20 hours after eating one and NO reaction whatsoever thus far. I am hopeful. This seems relatively promising. When she first started eating she was reacting to every new food we gave her, so this is truly wonderful news for us.

20 hours after eating one and NO reaction whatsoever thus far. I am hopeful. This seems relatively promising. When she first started eating she was reacting to every new food we gave her, so this is truly wonderful news for us.

:D

That's wonderful! Sounds like your baby girl has gotten some healing done. Yay!