This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Abc 7 News

babinsky

babinsky Apprentice

I live in So. California and just heard that today on the 4pm news on ABC they will be doing a piece on gluten free foods. The lady in the intro piece was describing how it feels like she is swallowing broken glass and they had a bunch of gluten-free foods behind her. Word is getting out!!!!!!!yay

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Any news, is good news! ;)

celiac-mommy Collaborator
I live in So. California and just heard that today on the 4pm news on ABC they will be doing a piece on gluten free foods. The lady in the intro piece was describing how it feels like she is swallowing broken glass and they had a bunch of gluten-free foods behind her. Word is getting out!!!!!!!yay

Was she saying that eating gluten-free food feels like swallowing glass? :huh: That's weird!

home-based-mom Contributor
Was she saying that eating gluten-free food feels like swallowing glass? :huh: That's weird!

That what I was thinking! :lol: On the other hand, something like that should put an end to the idea that people actually choose to eat gluten-free food as one chooses to eat vegetarian food or something! :blink::lol:

babinsky Apprentice

No..she said that eating food with gluten is like swallowing shards of glass...it slices off the villi making it impossible to get the nutrients....interesting analogy...it was not what I was hoping for, but at least it is out there. They did say that healthy people should not stick to a gluten-free diet as they do not get enough fiber and B-12.

ShayFL Enthusiast
They did say that healthy people should not stick to a gluten-free diet as they do not get enough fiber and B-12.

Such poor information. B12 doesnt come from gluten foods unless they are fortified. Doh!!

And there is plenty of fiber in fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, other grains........

That is what I hate about these programs....filled with stuff that is only 1/2 right or not at all.

celiac-mommy Collaborator
Such poor information.

I agree!!! My kids are SOOOO much healthier than any other kid in their classes! We focus so much on whole foods that they are getting probably more fiber and vitamins than they need.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
mosaicmom Rookie

I'm so glad someone used the word "glass". This is similar to what my daughter has said in describing her pain, glass, or blades, but it isn't in swallowing, it's usually by the time it's trying to digest.

• 3 weeks later...
Treen Bean Apprentice

I agree! I am so much healthier than most people because of all the fresh, natural foods I eat. (fruit, veggies, etc....) Since going gluten free 2 years ago, I haven't gotten sick once (with the exception of the occasional accidental gluten-ing)!

Archived