Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i_miss_cookie*dough

Soy Crispettes = Stomach Aches?

so, i have been munching on these

GLUTEN FREE soy crips from

whole foods all week. AND feeling

crappy in the tummy all week -

nausea, stomach aches, bloating = annoying.

feel pretty much like i used to feel

when i ate gluten!

laid off the crisps yesterday

and felt ok.

was snacking on them today

and pow! the annoying

stomach aches are back.

they are GLUTEN FREE!

what could be the deaL!???

grrr...

I agree, could be the soy. Can you eat other things with soy? Might test it out before you eliminate.

Another thing to check, flip the package over and see if it says they are manufactured in a facility that also processes wheat. I see that statement on gluten-free foods all too often. Kinda makes me laugh...but I prefer not to purchase it.

We just bought some Soy Crispettes from Whole Foods Market a couple weeks ago for the first time. My son has been begging to try them, but I have been getting cold feet. I don't know why. They look safe, but for some reason I was nervous. I'm glad I saw your post. If we do try them I'll have him go slow with them.

My symptoms with soy intolerance is much the same as gluten. The only difference is, I get constipated with soy, always had diarrhea with gluten.

Sometimes our bodies just flat out reject "unnatural" foods. Sticking to unprocessed whole foods is best for your body. But if you want these man made treats now and again, just eat a little to do your body a favor. Also, a lot of people are intolerant to soy in general.